Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from section, mod is an idiot ???

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

i was just banned from the music section and im pretty pissed off about it let me tell you.

i posted a thread asking if anyone knew about a certain gig that i heard may or may not happen at any point in the future. i checked for updates a few minutes later and couldnt find the thread. thinking that maybe the thread didnt catch cause of a server problem or something, i posted again.

when i checked again i found i was banned, also got a message from the mod saying i was banned for double posting about an certain promotion company's gig.

how the hell did i know it was an one of their gigs when i knew nothing about it. and posted again because of nil comunication?

whats your view on the subject???

power hungry mod twats :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Must be some twat.I reckon you should send him an abusive text message!;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm guessing it was about a certain organistaion that we arent allowed to talk about for legal reasons. I wont say if i agree or disagree with a ban, but assuming it is who i think it is, then its a sticky on top of pretty much every forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

If anyone's looking for me I'll be standing behind that flame proof shield over there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

my work here is done...

/initiate feline search

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think you'll be no great loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm guessing it was about a certain organistaion that we arent allowed to talk about for legal reasons. I wont say if i agree or disagree with a ban, but assuming it is who i think it is, then its a sticky on top of pretty much every forum.

Correct, the sticky has been there for over a year now. One in gigs and events. User needs glasses. I would have sitebanned you had I caught it, no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

HaHa

That is ridiculous... The Mod should have just PM'd you saying it was a MCD gig or whatever - I wouldn't know if a gig was them either.

Idiot! A banning is Stupid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

in before lock

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Read charters.
    Post on relevent forums with complaints.
    Don't call people idiots when you can't do these basic things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

thanks clommy, i can live without your music section for a week. also. if i dont know its from a certain organisation, then how was i to know i couldnt mention it. its called an uninformed mistake. shouldnt be banned for it.

this is what should have happened.

thread deleted.. and i get a quick message

had to delete you thread, it mentioned the joey bloggs company...

easy solution, save the hassle. what else are you doing with your busy hectic lifestyle that you cant take 30 seconds to write a courtesy pm ???

ps,, why should this thread be locked when it raises a relavent point and is obviosly cause for debate and interest/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Package wrote: »

or n00b without a clue?

well I go for option B more for the fact that you posted this thread in AH of all places. seriously why don't you take it to feedback.

Anyway there is a sticky on each Forum in relation to the thing that shall not be named, cause of this did you not think it would be a smart move to check you the promoter of said artist you were posting about was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Less than 30 seconds to read the charter and notice. The mods aren't here to hold your hand.

You should start a feedback thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i was just banned from the music section and im pretty pissed off about it let me tell you.
    And you're starting a thread about it in After Hours because...?
    i posted a thread asking if anyone knew about a certain gig that i heard may or may not happen at any point in the future. i checked for updates a few minutes later and couldnt find the thread. thinking that maybe the thread didnt catch cause of a server problem or something, i posted again.
    Standard procedure. You haven't been singled out.
    when i checked again i found i was banned, also got a message from the mod saying i was banned for double posting about an certain promotion company's gig.

how the hell did i know it was an one of their gigs when i knew nothing about it.
    There are only stickies all over the place (and have been for a good 18 months at this stage) advising you that discussion of any of that company's gigs is forbidden. I presume the mod took it in good faith that you'd surely be aware of this by now, and therefore you'd have checked out the promotions company before posting about the gig in question. It can't be too hard to find out.
    Yup, that's us all right. To Feedback you go for much ridicule and cat imagery...

more people in ah , more opinions, better convo...

but ok

ill take it to the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

whats your view on the subject???

skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

why should this thread be locked when it raises a relavent point and is obviosly cause for debate and interest/

Cos it was in the wrong forum. Forgot about moving the thread by teh mods :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm only to say this once:

Ignorance is no excuse

"I didn't know it was one of their gigs", is not the mod's problem, it's yours. It's your responsibility to check before posting.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's already moved. Please don't start a thread in After Hours just because more people are reading.
    jsb wrote: »
    or n00b without a clue?
    Hardly. Date of joining is December 2005.

Normally I don't like the way people use Feedback purely as an outlet to pounce on thread starters for ridicule and even personal attacks, but OP, can't say I'll have much sympathy for you. Putting "mod is an idiot?" in the title and saying mods are power-hungry etc is overwhelmingly tedious.

Sherifu wrote: »
    skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

Damn you :( i wanted to post a lolcat first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kaimera wrote: »
    in before lock
    +1

=-=

/me continues to read the thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Dudess wrote: »
    And you're starting a thread about it in After Hours because...?

Standard procedure. You haven't been singled out.

There are only stickies all over the place (and have been for a good 18 months at this stage) advising you that discussion of any of that company's gigs is forbidden. I presume the mod took it in good faith that you'd surely be aware of this by now, and therefore you'd have checked out the promotions company before posting about the gig in question. It can't be too hard to find out.

Yup, that's us all right. To Feedback you go for much ridicule and cat imagery...

boom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

To all the people posting in the feedback thread - can you see now the difference that the tone of a thread makes? The reason this thread is going the way it's going is purely and simply to do with the title.

ok,, continuing on from the ah conversation.

valid point i dare you to refute..

if i mention that a band, any band, may be doing a gig in dublin. that doesnt automatically make it an mcd if that band HAPPEN to be playing a gig for arse company.

i heard on some forum from america that journey may be going to dublin..

i put the feelers out to see if anyone knew if journey were coming to dublin. i didnt mention a gig had been announced and did not mention arse company. they just happened to be playing a gig for that arse company.

am i meant to check if a band is playing a gig here for arse company every time i want to mention a band,,, any band???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I deleted the first thread as it was against a sitewide ban.

After the deleting the second thread I PM'ed the OP to inform him he'd been banned for a week and to read the charter before posting

The OP then proceeded to ask me why I did not PM him when I deleted the first thread. As I said in my reply, there are so many threads/posts that have to be deleted from gigs/events each day that I cannot PM each poster individually.

I then received a less than civil PM from the OP.

As for power hungry, that I just have to LOL at. I rarely dish out bans in gigs/events (or any forum I mod). In fact I'm sure a lot would say Im far too lienent in my approach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

funny-pictures-farting-kitten.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

in before th e lock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

what else are you doing with your busy hectic lifestyle that you cant take 30 seconds to write a courtesy pm ???

What are you doing with your busy life that you cant Google the gig and see if its "one of them" gigs?

Boards.ie is not Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement

am i meant to check if a band is playing a gig here for arse company every time i want to mention a band,,, any band???

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement