Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from section, mod is an idiot ???

Options
2»

Comments

39740192ae3.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

seamus wrote: »
    I'm only to say this once:

Ignorance is no excuse

"I didn't know it was one of their gigs", is not the mod's problem, it's yours. It's your responsibility to check before posting.

End of.

Quoted for truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

6th wrote: »
    What are you doing with your busy life that you cant Google the gig and see if its "one of them" gigs?

Boards.ie is not Google.

eh,, i did,,, couldnt find a thing,,, not even on THE BANDS website....

kaimera wrote: »
    Yes.

do you really want me to check back through a load of threads to pick out actual bands people have mentioned that just happended to be playing an mcd gig to check the level of double standards?

oh,, and just because you dont know all the facts of a given situation at all times does not make you ignorant. it simply means you just havnt heard about it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

dublad23 wrote: »
    HaHa

That is ridiculous... The Mod should have just PM'd you saying it was a MCD gig or whatever - I wouldn't know if a gig was them either.

Idiot! A banning is Stupid!!
    Oh do shut up. Of course you wouldn't know which promotions company it is - most of us wouldn't. So then, considering there are stickies all over the damn site, you do a bit of research on the gig first by googling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Package wrote: »
    am i meant to check if a band is playing a gig here for arse company every time i want to mention a band,,, any band???
    Yes.
    do you really want me to check back through a load of threads to pick out actual bands people have mentioned that just happended to be playing an mcd gig to check the level of double standards?
    Or you could use the wonderful super informatic machine in front of you to find out.

There's more to the web than Google and boards. It took me about 20 seconds to find out what the story was with said band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

tbh wrote: »
    To all the people posting in the feedback thread - can you see now the difference that the tone of a thread makes? The reason this thread is going the way it's going is purely and simply to do with the title.

Good point dude. Prime example of a simple decision by the mod being correct.

Also a prime example of a thread that should be locked quickly. Nothing to see here ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

gigs are for loosers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

KevIRL wrote: »
    In fact I'm sure a lot would say Im far too lienent in my approach.

Indeed you are.
    He should have been banned after the first thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

If you feel you must.

It's a sitewide ban on their name, gigs, events etc etc. Yes some will slip thru but for the most part [99% plus I'd say] it's removed by the mod/cmods/smods when noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

free-cat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

seamus wrote: »
    There's more to the web than Google and boards. It took me about 20 seconds to find out what the story was with said band.

Bingo.

OP, logic would dictate two course of action.

One, admit you were in the wrong as boards.ie has certain rules and standards that it operates under. You broke them. It doesn't matter that you didn't know what they were, there are a million avenues to find them out through the very obvious Charter of each forum. Then you can go away, serve out the ban and return to post.

Two, you can continue slagging and insulting said Mod which would pretty much guarantee a continuation of Lolcats, general harsh feedback about how silly you really are and possible and eventual site ban because i don't see you dealing witht he above very well.

kaimera wrote: »

It's a sitewide ban on their name, gigs, events etc etc. Yes some will slip thru but for the most part [99% plus I'd say] it's removed by the mod/cmods/smods when noticed.

your kidding right? sure its mentioned about 20 times in this thread alone. including in posts by

dublad23
    dudess
    seamus
    kaimera

and of coarse

myself

. i really feel like going and finding a **** load of other incidents, but to be honest.i cant be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

your kidding right? sure its mentioned about 20 times in this thread alone. including in posts by

dublad23
    dudess
    seamus
    kaimera

and of coarse

myself

. i really feel like going and finding a **** load of other incidents, but to be honest.i cant be arsed.
    Look, you're in the wrong. I'd be more empathetic than some - as I said, I don't like the way Feedback is gleefully pounced on by people to use for ridiculing and belittling, but this is very black and white. You breached certain rules: apologise - you're not a victim being singled out for ill-treatment - and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We're hardly going to avoid mentioning their name in a thread discussing your ban :rolleyes:

This is called an exceptional case. If I'd locked this, you would have just started another thread here, right? Then I'd have to ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

977159315_f9c1780944.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

power hungry mod twats :confused:

You might have had some sympathy had you just enquired in a civil fashion, but after the above I doubt you'll get many backers now.

Yore Ma probably neglected to tell you, but manners is always a good idea.

Slow coach wrote: »
    You might have had some sympathy had you just enquired in a civil fashion, but after the above I doubt you'll get many backers now.

Yore Ma probably neglected to tell you, but manners is always a good idea.
    The thread title is also tasty lets not forget. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

lolcatsdotcomm77w09pqwaaie47k.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

IBL
    ^^ Internet evolved

You might have had some sympathy had you just enquired in a civil fashion

im not looking for sympathy, im airing a grievance.
    I doubt you'll get many backers now.

im not building an army either. im simply saying that i should have got a courtesy message when the thread was deleted, otherwise, i thought it was a mistake that it didnt go throught,... so kev.. answer me this

was i banned for double posting, or posting about the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Boards in Heavy handed Mod shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You don't have a grievance - you have a problem :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

07b3f00161e989ab1649f9fb7f115c91.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

im simply saying that i should have got a courtesy message when the thread was deleted, otherwise, i thought it was a mistake that it didnt go throught,... so kev.. answer me this

You know what. If you had any sense, you'd have admitted your mistake, apologised to kev and taken the ban on the chin.

Instead, as you haven't realised how seriously we take this, I'm site banning you for a month. Which is what should have happened in the first place.

im not building an army either. im simply saying that i should have got a courtesy message when the thread was deleted, otherwise, i thought it was a mistake that it didnt go throught,... so kev.. answer me this

You made a couple of mistakes posting your grievance.

1. You posted in after hours
    2. Your thread title includes "mod is an idiot"
    3. Your opening post ends with "power hungry mod twats"

If you had approached it with more a level head you would be listened to.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    You know what. If you had any sense, you'd have admitted your mistake, apologised to kev and taken the ban on the chin.
    Instead, as you haven't realised how seriously we take this, I'm site banning you for a month. Which is what should have happened in the first place.
    Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Ber scares me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

You are having a laugh shirley? You have just made a laughing stock of the entire Feedback process, which is essentially a place to air grievances.

Absolutely crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement