Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to sandyford from celbridge/leixlip

• 28-02-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

The husband and I are buying a house and are trying to figure out the best possible location for us to keep the commutes to a reasonable level!

Husband works in Celbridge and I work in Sandyford Industrial estate. We would like to live in Kildare/ Outer Dublin as you seem to get more bang for your buck...our price range is €450 tops. We can both drive to work. In addition (we're not asking for much!), the house needs to be fairly handy for the city centre, to give us flexibility for future jobs.

So....my questions are:

Roughly what length of time does it take to get from celbridge/leixlip to sandyford in the morning (can start work between 8 & 9).

Any suggestions on a good location would be very very welcome as we are not so familiar with Kildare, we currently live in the city centre.

Many many thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 temp123

Hi,

I travel from Celbridge to Sandyford every morning. I find that I have to be on the Hazelhatch by 6:45 at the latest. That will get me to Sandyford between 7:30 and 7:45. For every 5 mins added to your departure time, you can expect to add approx 15mins extra to your journey. Not always that bad. Some days you can be lucky.

I have never gone the N4/Liffey Valley route. I always go via Newcastle/Rathcoole. I used to go on the N7/Red cow, but lately it has become more congested. I now go through Saggart - Tallaght - Oldbawn-Firhouse-Scholarstown. The M50 upgrade work has now started on the Tallaght to Dundrum section so that is starting to have an impact. Alternative route is to go via Scholarstown road - Grange road - Sandyford. If you are early enough, before the school runs, you will have a clear run.

Hope you find that useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

as regards a good location if your husband is working in celbridge and you in Sandyford:

if both driving then you have plenty of choice...and would suggest you choose somewhere between both destinations rather than further away from Sandyford..i.e. Celbridge, Newcastle, Rathcoole etc

alternatively Maynooth, Leixlip, Clane etc all near celbridge

€450k would certainly buy a decent house in Celbridge

Celbridge also has good links to the City Centre as you mention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im from leixlip and i know couple of people who do the sandyford run in the mornings.most seem to take back roads as said before.i know one guy who gets the train from leixlip to town (30 mins) and then the luas out to sanyford.450k would buy a decent house in leixlip. and only 30 mins from the city centre-cant beat it considerin its the last town before the countryside!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

We live in Kilcock, the missus works in Dun laoghaire and in work @ 8.

leave the house @ 630 , m50 by 7, dun laoghaire by 740.

Advertisement