Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Irish Meet Up - Planning For Mid To End March!

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ok, enough messing around, it has to happen

I'm now offically organising a get togeather for Mid - end March

The Plan -
    Meet up, have a few pints then go on a roaming gang for pew pew fun

More Detailed version of the Plan -
    We'll get togeather in dublin, go for a social drink, get everyone to know everyone, have a talk about eve and RL. I'm after getting permission to use a room in a internet cafe overnight for 10 euro a person, providing i get a minimum of 12, no word on a max yet. Its a good deal considering, no one else will be in that room, the computers havea wicked connection (I've never had trouble in rush hour Jita, thats saying something), one draw back, it won't have the Premium grafics of Trinity, you'll be working off Classic version.

The Gang -
    Bring anything and everything, i'll set up a RV point were your to have your PVP ship ready to roll out, this is to avoid the waiting around for a uber BS on the other side of the map, while everyone is ready to go. I recon have 2 - 3 ships at that RV, in case of losses, you can still get back in. Ship class doesn't matter, though make sure theres a nice mix of fast ships and heavy hitters, in 0.0 we'll need interdictioners, interceptors.

If your primaryly a miner or industrialist, fear not, if theres a group, we'll get you set up in a low sec corner or we might just bring you along and while we camp, you can mine.

The RULES! -
    - LEAVE PERSONAL OR ALLIANCE CONFLICTS AT THE ****ING DOOR! - If theres any ganging up on someone because there in BOB or whatever, i ****ing swear to god, i'll hit whoever myself!
    - The internet cafe has its own rules, abide by them, don't wreak the place or leave it in a kip, we won't be invited back
    - Because we'll be having a few before we go in, try not to get plastered, they'll refuse entry.
    - Offically, no alcohal is to be consumed on the premises, have it hidden in your bag until we're alone, if someone is generious to share his shoulder of Vodka, bring your own shot glass.
    - Smokers, smoke outside.

IF YOUR GOING
    - Post your INGAME name as a responce (leave any other suggestions to make the night a good night there also)
    - I'll add you to ingame mailing list for updates
    - SPREAD THIS LINK AROUND - the more the merrier. Post a copy of this on the eve forums, put the link in the Irish channel (whoever moderates it, convo me also)
    - Let your friends who are thinking of joining know - i can give them a 14 day free trial link (don't bring them along, just let them know, in the future, we'll hold a "newbie intro night" lol)

If you need to get in contact, my ingame name is: Ans Blix - member of IRON

If you desperatly need to convo me call me (WITH "SHOW NUMBER" ON!): 086 3208362 I won't accept private numbers

Money requirements: 10 euro for the net cafe + whatever you need for drink, food and transport, isk donations welcome :)

This is going to be a Friday night to Sataurday morning job, unless that a problem for a majority, then we'll move it to Sataurday night to Sunday morning

START SPREADING THE WORD!!!

Ans Blix - M.V Corp - IRON

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

This has been attempted before I think. Good luck to you in this endevour. Post on the Eve Gathering Section of Eve-o forums also for a better response. :D

Glue applied as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

I hope we can count on your appearance R0ot?

Ans Blix wrote: »
    I hope we can count on your appearance R0ot?

Not in march m8, in fact not until I move to dublin in July. To name a few reasons: college work, distance, money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol, well if you're in an alliance or corp which is involved in a war you're not safe anywhere, how the hell's that gonna work? Leave your corp / alliance for one night? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

We've had Irish themed roaming gangs before where people from multiple alliances, who politically were fighting each other, ganged together for the night. The only issues were when we attacked someone who was blue to one guy, he simply warpped away from the fight.

There wasn't much hassle about this, afaik, just made for interesting killmails lol

I'm not commiting to this yet myself but it seems interesting and you do have a good plan layed out. Problem for me is I work weekends, and mid-end March is when most of my college project work is due.
    Also, if it was possible to wait til after the bob war, when theres gonna be a massive blue standing reset, the roaming gang might be less hassle for people. Of course noone knows when that will be....

• Advertisement

Maddzy wrote: »
    Also, if it was possible to wait til after the bob war, when theres gonna be a massive blue standing reset, the roaming gang might be less hassle for people. Of course noone knows when that will be....

Between myself and the wall, Red/Goons/Tau and co are pulling back for a break, IRON has been order to continue its presence in the are with others (Translation: BOB war has sucked the isk out of everyone, there now going back to make more for another push)

azezil wrote: »
    lol, well if you're in an alliance or corp which is involved in a war you're not safe anywhere, how the hell's that gonna work? Leave your corp / alliance for one night? :D

An why would you do that mate lol? If your overview is set for 0.0 anyway, anybody in your fleet shouldn't show up... So that removes the problem of shooting the wrong guys

Its not hard, just pick a region like the dron regions where nobody has any blues. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I should be good to go for this mate. You know who i am ingame. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

well hell i probably wont be over for a visit till this time next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

I'd be up for this. Meeting place in EVE would have to be in 0.0 as empire ganking is a no-no with my Alliance and as CEO leaving my Corp would be an issue :D

Dronelands would be an ideal place to hook up mind you, we should fly up and attack Red Alliance, nobody likes them much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sanied

i wouldn't mind doing an Ireland meet-up, however i think my CEO would be having kittens if i was off roaming about eve, with other entities.

an organised Pub crawl or something similar,no problem, i could make it with 4/6 weeks notice. (getting the time off and getting hotels sorted) cant do the outa corp roaming stuff at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I like this idea. However, as a member of Goonswarm there are always 2/3+ active wars for me. I am also either blue or red to about 80% of Eve, so I can't imagine that we won't run into a lot of targets I'd get in a lot of trouble for shooting.

Hmmmmm it appears the general public aren't up for a roaming gang due to standings and such.... so how about we alter the plan a little. No combat gang. However, with enough people, we can still rent out the room and have some drunken fun in eve? Keep an eye on this thread folks and lets hear some ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BLZ Bubb

Good man Ans....I've thought about doing this aswell but I suffer from a nasty condition where I cannot remove my opposable digit from my sphincter....which makes drinking pints really awkward for mr....but hilarious for everyone else.

I'd be well on for it.

I'm presuming your internet caff is in the Temple Bar area and if that's the case, maybe we could have pints upstairs in the Lord Edward - directly opposite Christ Church - tiz a tad dingy, but it's got a great snug atmosphere, and no fcuking TV or radio....so we can actually hear ourselves converse!!

Anyway, it's just a suggestion and I'd say you've given some thought to a venue before hand anyway, but I thought I'd throw it out there for what it's worth. I've 3 EVE mates that I'll ask along aswell, so looking forward to it. Keep me posted on developments and if you want my moby no. for any reason, PM me in game - Main Char - Saebeth Khan.

Nice one again for taking the initiative and doing this - you de man.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

Looks like you are getting 3 more people:

my self vinnymcg (vinny) eXceed inc
    Kennyer (kennyer) eXceed inc
    Wattbulb (rob) eXceed inc

We will all go depending on the day but please give a week+ notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mourning Starr

hiah, yeah I'm up for a few beers! the whole meeting up in game thing could be awkward though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

IF people are having trouble with the whole "shooting blues" thing then you can drop from your corp for the meet up and then rejoin after. It is not that big of a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mourning Starr

bumpage! this happening?

bumpage! this happening?

Thread will be unstickied and locked after 1st April. I have no idea if it is on our not. I cannot attend anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote: »
    Thread will be unstickied and locked after 1st April.

Worst mod evar.

Zillah wrote: »
    Worst mod evar.

No. 1 Troller :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement