Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FreeBSD 7.0

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think it'll be going on my server sometime soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

When compared with the best performing Linux kernel (2.6.22 or 2.6.24) performance is 15% better. Results are from benchmarks used to analyze and improve system performance, results with your specific work load may vary.

I'm scinical ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

djmarkus wrote: »
    When compared with the best performing Linux kernel (2.6.22 or 2.6.24) performance is 15% better. Results are from benchmarks used to analyze and improve system performance, results with your specific work load may vary.

I'm scinical ted.

I don't think any Linux kernel has ever out performed FreeBSD in any tests I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Can you install FreeBSD 7 onto a software raid 1? Google seems to say no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

have you configured gmirror?

There shouldn't be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I haven;t touched it yet TBH, I have server in the attic with linux on it waiting on some storage disks. I looked into BSD last year, but it might be the right time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ld50

If you have any spare disks around you should run gmirror.

Very simple to get up and running.
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Advertisement