Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland billing mistake

Options
  • 28-02-2008 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

While looking over my last telephone bill from BT, I noticed that I was being charged for calls with a duration of 0 secs. I thought there was a mistake so I immediately contacted Customer Care.

Short Version:

CS 1: Couldn't help me, had no idea what I was talking about. Advised I ring back between 9am and 5pm the next day.

CS 2: Extremely rude lady. In the end I asked to speak to her supervisor and she refused.

CS 3 (by email): After a few emails they admitted to the billing mistake and that other customers had also been overcharged.

I have checked previous online bills and have found this overcharging on some other bills. (my online bills online go back to mid 2006)

Now, since ~Sept 2007 BT are rounding all calls to the nearest minute.
    A simple example: Mobile call, during the day costs 25c. (21c + 4.95 call setup charge, rounded). So 25c for 0 secs!

I first contacted BT on the 9th Feb and they still have not sorted this out.

I just want to make other BT customers aware that they may also have been overcharged.

Advertisement