Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to the uk

Options
  • 28-02-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Guys what do I have to do in relation to the revenue etc to leave Ireland and head up North?

I've already everytihng sorted up North but Do I need to fill in any forms etc for the revenue in the south?? I don't want them sending me my tax credit forms etc to an address where I don't live anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

You need to contact the benefits office nearest to where you'll be living in the North and sort out an interview to get a National Insurance number, so that you're in the British tax system.
    They'll tell you what you need to bring but it's usually passport, proof of address etc. If you don't know where you'll be living, then you'll need to wait til you're there. if you've no bills to prove address, you'll need a letter from your employer or landlord to confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Don't forget to change your address in the Revenue and Bank into the new one. Otherwise letters will be sent to your old house. I changed it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya Slinky, as kittex said, sort out your NI number ASAP. Here's some info on what's required to get one.

Oh and visit boards.org.uk if you need any more info ;) We're a very friendly bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Hi guys, don't worry my NI number and all is sorted. I'm orginally from the north so I've had it from birth. I was more looking on info about leaving Ireland.

So its just telling revenue in the south about my change of address? I've already sorted the bank and stuff. I don't need to fill in any forms etc?

Advertisement