Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadhogs?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

This is a question for the competitive cyclist rather than the urban commuters.

I live in the sticks and while driving the country roads often come across a group of two or three cyclists who are on a training run or something. I mean they have all the kit on rather than just being out for a leisurely cycle. Anyway, why is it that this particular type of cyclist tend to ride abreast of each other rather than in single file? It makes it quiet difficult and dangerous to overtake them

I'm no speed freak and I normally don't mind waiting for a chance to overtake them safely but sometimes on a narrow road it is difficult to do so. Would it be such a big deal for them to drop into single file and let a car pass safely? Is there a particular reason why they feel they can take up half the width of the road while a queue of cars builds up behind them?

I'm not having a dig at anyone here and I'm aware that they have the same right to use the road as I do. I'm just curious as to what the etiquette is.

Comments

Advertisement