Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IT for Business (honors)

• 28-02-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I'm currently in 3 year of Computer Systems Management in IT Carlow and am looking to move away from Carlow for my 4th year, should I choose to do it.

4th year here in IT Carlow is looking to be going very business-ie which is one of the reasons I'd prefer not to do it here.

What is GMIT like in general would be the first question, how does it compare to IT Carlow if anyone knows?

I've read page on IT for Business in the GMIT prospectus, but it's hard to gauge what exactly the subjects will be, or how I'd fare at them comming from my 3 years at Carlow.

What kind of stuff is thought through the first 3 years at GMIT, and what exactly are the subjects in year 4?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Try the gmitsu.ie forum, they will give you a better idea of what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Hi,
    I finished that course last year. Can't really compare it to yours though as I don't know anything about it! very little programming in it - which is a bad thing in my view. Not sure what else to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I would recommend calling the head of the course and discussing it with them.

They will be able to give you a proper outline of the course and even email you the syllabus if you like (if they have it).

That would be my advice anyways.

Advertisement