Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Customer Support Contact

Options
  • 28-02-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I bought a Tevion 1gb MP4 Player from Aldi 6 weeks ago, Its developed a fault, Today I took it back to the Killarney Aldi store where I got it, they would not exchange it or refund it, they say I must use the ‘After Sales Support’ number on the box. That is NOT what my statutory rights say; it has a 12-month Guarantee from the place of purchase, I do not have to deal the manufacturer, that’s up to Aldi. I came home and tried to contact Aldi Customer services… you cant, their www says you must deal with the store. I think this is called getting the ‘Run Around’ I am glad I did not buy their €700+ Laptop now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you feel that your statutory rights are being broken, then get in touch with the National Consumer Agency. They can listen to what you tell them and advise on a course of action, they can also start the process for dealing with any comapnies that breach consumer rights.

LoCall 1890 432 432

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'm just wondering why you would be so reluctant to ring the support line and let them take it from there?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

dmc101 wrote: »
    I bought a Tevion 1gb MP4 Player from Aldi 6 weeks ago, Its developed a fault, Today I took it back to the Killarney Aldi store where I got it, they would not exchange it or refund it, they say I must use the ‘After Sales Support’ number on the box. That is NOT what my statutory rights say; it has a 12-month Guarantee from the place of purchase, I do not have to deal the manufacturer, that’s up to Aldi. I came home and tried to contact Aldi Customer services… you cant, their www says you must deal with the store. I think this is called getting the ‘Run Around’ I am glad I did not buy their €700+ Laptop now!

Just wondering- is the after sales care line aldi's or the companies?

Often they need you to do this to check the issue is definintely with hardware before they can issue an RMA number for the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tell them you are going to the small claimes court and show them a rpintout of your statutory rights.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tell them you are going to the small claimes court and show them a rpintout of your statutory rights.

As I said, they may wish the OP to prove that there's something wrong with the product before they do something. In this case, no statuatory rights ARE affected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

your contract of sale is with the STORE not any manufacturer or any other place or person!

so go back to Aldi in Killarney and insist on them replacing repairing or refunding as although the manufacturer may be willing to examine the item it may take several months sending it to england and getting it back.

and the manufacturer is not obliged to help you at all only the store/seller is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 spina1

Ring the Number and you'll be surprised. I have been a customer of Aldi and Lidl since they came to Ireland.

Any problem I have had with any products of theirs I have always got satisfaction from them.

They have a real good network of suppliers who back up their products really well, unlike most of the chain stores out there.

I bought some inkjet paper one time in Aldi in Tralee but it didn't work in my printer and I was able to return it in a Cork store. Try doing that in Dunnes or Tesco.

Had a problem with a MP3 player giving me system failure message and rang the helpline and it was replaced in a week.

RING THE NUMBER

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

spina1 wrote: »
    I bought some inkjet paper one time in Aldi in Tralee but it didn't work in my printer and I was able to return it in a Cork store. Try doing that in Dunnes or Tesco.
    Had a problem with a MP3 player giving me system failure message and rang the helpline and it was replaced in a week.

Is that not using their no-quibble 28 day return guarantee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 spina1

Yes the 28 days return applied with the inkjet paper but the MP3 player was two months after I bought it and I didn't go back to ALDI with it but just rang the tevion helpline.

Advertisement