Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl cycling gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'll wait to be told off for posting this

for why?

no, thanks for the heads up, i'll probably see if they have anything i might want. i can't resist a bargain. even if it's a bit crap you can't go far wrong at lidl prices.

i don't golf but methinks this would be a hit down the local, no?
    08_14045_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Got a load of their winter gear last time and got the fingerless gloves last spring. All good quality except for the leggings which were'nt suitable for really cold weather. Gonna get a couple of those short sleeve jerseys this time around. The winter gloves last time were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

niceonetom wrote: »
    for why?

cos it always ends up in an argument about how crap lidl gear is (ok its not assos but its not 100 euro for a pair of shorts either) i think the jackets are well worth it esp. if you throw it down the road, ripped, chuck it (you did buy 2 didnt you)
    shame they havent got the mtb shoes got some in kirkwall last year fantastic for £12.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

i'll wait to be told off for posting this

thanks. I'd be telling you off only because the stuff is always sold out whenever I go looking for it! Don't care if it's poor quality and shrinks in the washing machine, it's good value and suits my purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I got some thermal leggings and a jacket the last time round and they are spot on, I've been riding with them all winter and the leggings are brilliant. No problem in keeping warm, actually nearly too warm in them.

The jacket gets rotated as it's not the brightest colored jacket, but it's still well worth the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Freddy687

Thanks for the heads up. i was about to get a new pair of gloves for the summer. Was looking to pay 30+ so will def have a look in Lidl.
    3.99 for a pair, nearly cheap enough to bin at the end of each spin.;)
    Great thing is all the stuff has no logos so can bring to a race as backup if in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Saddles seem good value and I'll take a computer too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RustyRocks

I got a saddle the last time around (to replace a really uncomfortable wtb razor blade type one), and its brilliant and almost as light.
    I will get the pump as i'm running a presta and shreader(sp?) valve at the moment and it will save changing the adaptor every time.
    I've heard that the clothing is decent enough.
    Hope this helps.
    Freddy687, regarding the logos, who gives a monkeys what is written on stuff ?
    The best thing to do is go out there and beat all the logoed up riders, and really p*ss them off.

eh, bump is ok, yes?

i won't get to a lidl today but maybe some of yee will.

EDIT
    eh by "today" i did, of course, mean "tomorrow".
    and by "won't" i meant "might"...

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Freddy687 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. i was about to get a new pair of gloves for the summer. Was looking to pay 30+ so will def have a look in Lidl.
    3.99 for a pair, nearly cheap enough to bin at the end of each spin.;)
    Great thing is all the stuff has no logos so can bring to a race as backup if in trouble.

I think their gloves are crap. I got a pair last year and they have expanded and lost their shape over a couple of rides. They really retain the sweat, so your hands slip around inside them. I've binned mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

What? Sizes: M-XL ???? I would have got me the men bibs if they had it in small ...

Ladies ... don't buy the shorts, I cycled with a few women last year who had the Liddl women shorts .... and they're transparent ...

And beware as your men cycling friend may now recommend the Great Liddl gear to you and even ... buy them for you, and start cycling behind you, even if you slow down ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

I think their gloves are crap. I got a pair last year and they have expanded and lost their shape over a couple of rides. They really retain the sweat, so your hands slip around inside them. I've binned mine.

I've found them to be excellent, especially for a fiver. The fingerless ones are great too, although I ripped my pair last night. I shall be getting another pair tomorrow. Both sets have the convenient "snot patch" which is true genius!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Feck! forgot it was Thursday, i'm off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd say I'll get the gloves and a backpack. Might get one of the computers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

All cycling gloves have snot patches. TBH the gloves are not great. You will get better cheap gloves from the likes of CRC or Wiggle. I have these Gill ones which are a hell of a lot more durable (and only cost me something like the €7.81 they are up there at now.)

The jerseys are quite decent. Again, though, I got a stock of dhb short sleeve jerseys from Wiggle at something like €7 a piece (discounted) recently.

The shorts are only OK, comparable to the likes of the cheapest Altura shorts that retail around €25 around Dublin (at a fraction of the price.) The arm/leg warmers and cycling underwear are also good too, although again they don't have that this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

What? Sizes: M-XL ???? I would have got me the men bibs if they had it in small ...

Ladies ... don't buy the shorts, I cycled with a few women last year who had the Liddl women shorts .... and they're transparent ...

And beware as your men cycling friend may now recommend the Great Liddl gear to you and even ... buy them for you, and start cycling behind you, even if you slow down ...
    You're on the ball there ;-) I have these Cannondale Classique Bibshorts which I can report are very comfortable and severely discounted in small size (€26.) The back pocket can be handy for things like keys and a phone if you are not wearing a pocketed jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

blorg wrote: »
    I have these Cannondale Classique Bibshorts which I can report are very comfortable and severely discounted in small size (€26.) .

I like to wear my club gear in the summer, but i might get me these shorts.

Also, going to see my parents in France at the end of the month and need to hit the Decathlon sport superstore for some more stuff too ( you got to loooove Decathlon ) I wish they had shops here too ... If you are heading that way too, I would highly recommend you to visit the store!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

just picked up a jersey, shorts , gloves and a pump, all seem quality enough, the winter stuff lasted me well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

They didn't have the black & white jerseys in the Moore St branch as advertised. Anyone see the black & white jerseys in another branchs?

I got 2 pairs of gloves, cycle computer, shorts. Oh and some spotlight bulbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

this may be a stupid question, but is the gear they have out now all they have? if i call in later, will they be replenishing the stock as it goes out? didn't get in until around 11 and there was one medium top left.

• Advertisement

That's it I'm afraid. It's like a smash'n'grab most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

I got over to my local one at lunch there. Picked up a pair of leggings, jacket, pump and gloves. All in less than €30.

I call's that a bargain I does!
    No doubt some of it will start to fall apart at some point, but at those prices, I don't mind replacing them one at a time rather than spending over €100 for the lot once off.

Admittedly I don't cycle commute - otherwise I'd have a different opinion.

I cycle commute most days and found the Aldi winter gloves great. Still going strong 6 months or so later. I'm a Lidl cycling clothing virgin but so far the stuff looks grand and as you say for the price I don't mind if it falls apart after a few months.

Anyone get the Black & White jersey they advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Yup I got it in Lidl grange road rathfarnham this morning.Looks a bit better than the red..also got - a pair of baggies, bib shorts, gloves, running shorts, running jacket (w/ removable sleeves)and runinng socks...60 quid...haha bargain

The socks ive found pretty good for trail/mountain running as my "good" running socks get wrecked up in the hills and these are so cheap it doesnt matter. I have a feeling that I will stew inside the runing jacket as I am pretty sure it aint breathable, but hey for 11quid its a grand light backup jacet to throw in a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Does anyone know if there is much gear left in the Baldoyle or Coolock lidls?

Just tried on the "XL" bib shorts and they're too big. Anyone want the swap them with me for the "L" Bib shorts?

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Just tried on the "XL" bib shorts and they're too big. Anyone want the swap them with me for the "L" Bib shorts?

i got the "L" ones and i'm swimming in them. should have tried them on in the veg isle, i'm sure no one would have minded. got a L jersey too and it's too big as well.

socks fit though.

So I want your Large and you need a Medium! How do we work this one then! We need someone who bought a Medium who wants an XL!

well ideally, yes. but seeing as that's unlikely, and that i couldn't be arsed, i'll just wear the ones i have, big as tthey are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I cycle commute most days and found the Aldi winter gloves great. Still going strong 6 months or so later. I'm a Lidl cycling clothing virgin but so far the stuff looks grand and as you say for the price I don't mind if it falls apart after a few months.

Anyone get the Black & White jersey they advertised?

I got one about 9am. Vultures everywhere;-) The stuff was nearly all gone even at that time. Got a large red and a medium white and black. Got the bib as well to wear when I'm hoovering or dusting around the house.

Advertisement