Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Theory (econ 20100)

• 18-02-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

here is any1 doin/ has done this module? i just found out there's a midterm on wednesday and his lecture slides are far from helpful.

Any ideas what the midterm'll be like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Is Jim Bergin teaching this? If so, I took it last year and his midterms are generally quite fair and can be done mostly on his notes/wikipedia explanations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

ahh jb, what a guy!

I shall tell you what is on the exam(possibly, was for us and it seems to be jb's shtyle)

Q1.... Tutorial 1
    Q2.... Tutorial 2
    Q3.... A tricky question consisting of maxamising stuff thenamising other stuff then plugging that stuff in to other stuff to get the optimal stuff. This basically sums up the rest of the course.

oh btw, could you pm me the web address and username/password he's using now, got a mate in the class who doesnt have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stripedpyjamas

From what I can see, it will be one extensive form question, then maybe a question on a normal-form game, and then, like the guy above me said, a maximising one. Its going to be very hard, I'm basing my study mainly on the problem sets we've done so far. Overall, is this module very hard or what? I've heard bad reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

i cant log into the website either.....therefore no lecture slides....

I hope "stripedpyjamas" is right about the Question type.....suppsoe wikipedia is my only hole now....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Karma_Police

That exam was not fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Geoffy

yo
    I'm lookin for the username and password for the moodle page too. I was out the first week, and jb doesn't check his email. from the sounds of it a lot of people are confused as to how andwhere to login, so could someone pm me or put it up here?
    cheers,
    g

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nullandvoid

geary.ucd.ie/moodle is the webpage. You have to sign up for an account. the initial password is tgtia and after that you can set your own password and username. hope that helps.

Sorry the password is actually tgtia20100. I think you need it to activate you account so you initially pick the username and password you want to use yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stripedpyjamas

Did we ever get results back in this exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

yeah whats the deal with the results?! do you have to go up and ask him? not that im looking forward to gettin them..

• Advertisement

He handed back out the corrected exam scripts in one of the lectures before the break. I'd say you'll have to go up to him at some stage to get yours back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tim_mac87

I hav been tryin to access the website for nearly the whole semester but it won't accept the passwords that i was told would work (tgtia and tgtia20100)...does any1 hav any idea how i mite be able to access the webstie??

Apologies, the password is tgtia201. I tested it and it works.

Advertisement