Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Fines Question

Options
  • 22-02-2008 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just want to put my mind at rest cos I'm inclined to assume I'm being thick!! I need to have a week loan book back to James Joyce library on Tuesday by 9.45pm but I won't be able to get in till 10am the next day as I'm away and will be till then. So am I right that it's 20 cent for the first two hours then 30 cent every hour after and therefore it won't be more than about 3 or 4 euro give or take a few cent? Just want to make sure I'm not being thick and landing myself with a big fine although not much I can do about it otherwise cos no renews left. Anyway thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

If it's a week long loan, i think it's only around one euro a day...it has happened to me plenty of times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

The 30c per hour fines are for the Short Loan Collection only I think. Week long loans are a flat €1 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

edit yeah i'm a twat

Be warned if the book is a week loan from health sci it's 3e a day fines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

my current library fines stand at 44.00 euro .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

_JOE_ wrote: »
    If it's a week long loan, i think it's only around one euro a day...it has happened to me plenty of times...

thanks guys, that's great. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

To my knowledge you can ring them and get them to renew it for you, even when you can't do it yourself online anymore. Provided no one's reserved it that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Is there a cut-off point for library fines?
    I know for a book I had to return for someone else their fine was €30 for the one book. They insisted I pay half as they had left it in my house and fecked off home for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I graduated with about €30 of fines unpaid. I rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wonderprop

I got stung with a nice €81 fine from the good folks in the Health Sci for a short loan, thought I'd returned it and didn't, it was costing me €14 a day or something ridiculous.

Advertisement