Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Intl.Relations - Politics

Options
  • 25-02-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

anyone know when the essay for this is due and what the title is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's due in tutorial 3, either the 28th of this month or the 6th of March depending on what group you're in (according the handout I got from my tutor). The title is "Why is neorealism described as a structural approach to international relations". Seems like everyone has been given the same title regardless of the tutorial group, might want to double check that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paranoid wreck

Any body have any hints or ideas about whats to go in the essay? Im a bit confused with the question myself. Can you hand it in friday instead of the tutorial or would you be docked marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Easily one of the dullest essay titles I've ever had.

Mine is in on March 6th so I haven't started yet (still slogging away at the Analysing Politics one), and I'm not looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 how are you?

alrit guys

im stuck here!i dont have a clue what to do!where do i start??do u know what readings cover this essay topic???pleaassssee help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Tom65 wrote: »
    (still slogging away at the Analysing Politics one), .

to say a lot of people are still sluggin away at that would be an understatement! havn't heard of one person handing it in yet!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the wordcount is for this?

Tom65 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the wordcount is for this?
    It's 1500 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

It's due in tutorial 3, either the 28th of this month or the 6th of March depending on what group you're in (according the handout I got from my tutor). The title is "Why is neorealism described as a structural approach to international relations". Seems like everyone has been given the same title regardless of the tutorial group, might want to double check that though.

any particular readings or core books that would be helpful?

any particular readings or core books that would be helpful?
    There's a few articles by Kenneth Waltz in the photocopy section of the library, we were told to read those - will be reading them myself later today so I'm not sure how useful they are, but it was our tutor who suggested reading them so I'm hoping they'll help! A couple of those are actually available online too if you google around for them, can't remember offhand where I got them from.

I've read a bit from a book called 'Neorealism and its Critics' edited by Robert Keohane, that's been pretty decent but, as usual, there's only a few copies in the library and as of right now they're all out.

I've read a bit from a book called 'Neorealism and its Critics' edited by Robert Keohane, that's been pretty decent but, as usual, there's only a few copies in the library and as of right now they're all out.

Yeah, I have that and since I can't get my hands on Waltz main text (can't remember the name at the moment) its the next best thing because it has a few chapters taken from Waltz' book.

I'll be dropping it back to short loan tomorrow, in case anyone is wondering :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement