Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marble Blast Ultra

Options
  • 28-02-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and a friend of mine bought this game a few weeks ago, and we've put in a ridiculous amount of time into it (more than any other game since I got my 360 in September).

Why? Friend leaderboards.

We have spent hours and hours trying to beat each others times and its the most insanely addictive, competitive game I've played since signing up for Live. We're literally shaving hundreths of seconds off level times, trying to out do each other.

I've got as much if not more value out of this 400 point game than any commercial 360 game (and I have about 10).

Any other MBU time addicts out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

im not really addicted at the moment but when i get into it i get engrossed in it, im half way through setting all below par times on expert, bloody hard game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I WAS when it came out first but I havnt played in ages.

Im addicted to N+ now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

LOL, I was the same! Great game, one of the few I've completed. I remember staying up till 5 one night trying to beat a friends time on one level. Multiplayer is excellent, must give it a go this weekend, haven't played in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

love the game as well!
    only problem is no one else i know has it so havent any times to compare mine to :(:(
    if any one wants to add me to compare times work away

gamertag: rliston

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lets get some competition going..... anyone who is interested, add HeyHeyAces and we'll see what times everyone is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Great game indeed. Is there any word of a sequel coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm working my way through this timesink as well. Got some decent times on the beginner levels - ony 5 levels into intermediate. There be some crazy-ass-impossible times on those leaderboards.

HeyHeyAces and rliston - with your permission, I've added you to my friends list.

Does this mean it's "on"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ye I got this game when it was released, great game tbh. Spent a good bit of time on it.

There is a Marble Blast Gold for the PC which has a hundred levels (60 of which you've played in MB), new obstacles, new scoring structure (silver times, gold times etc.). It would be nice to see a port/upgrade to the 360 version.

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a Marble Blast Gold for the PC which has a hundred levels (60 of which you've played in MB), new obstacles, new scoring structure (silver times, gold times etc.). It would be nice to see a port/upgrade to the 360 version.

:eek: NO WAI!!!! So going to get that!! Thank you kind sir :D

• Advertisement

There was supposed to be an update released for the 360, but due to publisher conflicts it never made it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Super game, although I haven't really put much time into my times...

Have the majority of Expert tracks finished under par.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Used to play this loads around New Years in 2007.
    Have most single player challenges I think.
    Keith186 is my GT, real fast times for some levels.

BTW you wont be able to get the fastest in the world times I've tried and some were insanely fast. People shaved off a bit of their stick on the pad and some of the white bit so you can oush it further therefore making the marble go faster. Poor flaw to leave in a game by the designers otherwise very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Mr E - nice time on Bunny Hopping, I just can't get out the gate fast enough on that level. Still, I improved on some of my other times. My highest ranking is on the first level (managed to get in the top 200 iirc).
    Keith186 wrote: »
    BTW you wont be able to get the fastest in the world times I've tried and some were insanely fast. People shaved off a bit of their stick on the pad and some of the white bit so you can oush it further therefore making the marble go faster. Poor flaw to leave in a game by the designers otherwise very good.

Yeah, that's annoying alright.

EDIT - feel free to add my tag: Diskotyque (unless you're using a modded controller/game) :)

Nope, no mods. :)
    Hold forward and jump on bunny hop, and shave that wall... you'll hit 2:36. No better though...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh heeeeelllll yes!

Love it.. got it free with the refer a friend and get 10 Arcade games and first game I played.

Have completed all on 'Easy' but there's 2 or 3 on Medium which I get close to beating every time. But it's without doubt the most insanely frustrating game out there - I have gotten so pissed off on numerous occasions.

I must get back into this again, the few friends I have that played this no longer do. It's much more fun when there are a few active people at it beating each others times. It's a while since I played it but would be up for going back and getting some decent times, and getting some new blisters :D

Mr E wrote: »

I could only find Marble Blaster, same game, not as many levels as you said but still great great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Only got into it Sunday I think I downloaded it.

Ah the memories of marble madness it brought back. Just got to bash thru a few of the levels but I can see it getting very very addictive!

Ice sucks :p

• Advertisement

Balls... seems I have become victim of the leaderboard glitch, whereby I can't see any of my friend's scores. Its a known bug, and a fix was promised as far back as 2006.

I have 2 levels left to finish on advanced, and one other to get under par, so I'm close to getting the full 200 points...

Resurrecting this thread for a very good reason - my favourite XBLA game is due an update! 360achievements are reporting that an extra 50 points have been added to Marble Blast Ultra.... Seems to refer to a new multiplayer mode, and 2 additional map packs. Hopefully it fixes the damn bugs from the original too! Maybe even rework the controller calibration so that modded controllers don't have an edge on regular controllers...
    Blue Gem Hunt (10)
    Collect a blue gem in a Marble It Up! multiplayer match.

Map Pack Dominator (20)
    Get 40 gems in any 3 of Playground, Bowl, Concentric, Vortex Effect, Blast Club (Marble Fu pack).

Master of the Spires (20)
    Collect 50 gems in Spires (Agoraphobia pack).

:eek:......... :eek:..........:eek:

Fùcking excellent! This was my favourite arcade game by a long shot. Really looking forward to this.

Marble Blast Updated with a new multiplayer map (free DLC). 1 new achievement too.

Hopefully they've fixed those bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love the game.. but don't think I ever got past one or two levels on Medium, and the majority of the ones on hard. They were utter bastards!

Cool... its a game update and the level is DLC.

They've fixed the leaderboard bug, and updated the multiplayer lobby.

The achievement is on the new multiplayer map. Its a regular pick-up-as-many-gems-as-possible map, but over the course of the game, one or two blue gems will appear. Pick one up for 10 gamer points. Not exactly a challenge (I got it first go), but it was good to play it again. New map is pretty good - nothing really remarkable about it, but its pretty big with patches of ice, steep slopes and lots of holes to fall in.

Looking forward to some proper map packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

After downloaded the update went back and finally beat the last two levels on intermediate.. cant believe I havent played this in so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Following on fro my last post on this thread over 4 years ago....

After seeing Marble Madness on a Giant Bomb Quick Look for a Midway Arcade Classics collection, it inspired me to fire this up again. What a great game!

Unfortunately, just read that it no longer available on XBLA. Guess this will be staying on my harddrive till the very end!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Zombie Thread is tireddddd.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement