Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid old NTL bill

Options
  • 28-02-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

:mad:

Okay, the story is i lived in an apartment 5 years ago and my NTL bill was added on my account then. I moved out and the never emoved it from my bill list on my account.
    I mistakenly paid €250 to the account 2 days ago instead of my credit card, the bank says they can't do anything... I have been on hold to NTL for 10 mins and no luck! I want my money back, any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Stay on hold unfortunately. If your bank cant refund it, then NTL will have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

KtK wrote: »
    Stay on hold unfortunately. If your bank cant refund it, then NTL will have to.

Thanks i did, the girl i spoke to asked for proof e.t.c so i am faxing a copy of my statement and a brief explanation..

Really upset, it's 250 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 briano1984

only way to get the money back is through ntl. if u get the date and time from the bank u'll have to give ntl ur old account number too. they will prob try and run u round a bit but they have to refund the money to u. they prob wont receive the payment for another day or so but will eventually send u a cheque(prob take a few weeks) but holding is only way to get it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hilaryb

you havent a hope. ntl are such a shower of jokers, you would be better paying a debt collections agency to get it and pay them the commission. unless you have a LOT OF TIME on your hands to get switched between call centres in dublin, cork and belfast where nobody has a name and nobody can do anything for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

NTL will pick up on the payment when they run a bank reconciliation. You will need to talk to someone in their Accounts Receivable team

• Advertisement
Advertisement