Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JLA movie is a go?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Wizard magazine says no but everyone else says yes to the fact that the JLA movie is a go.

Now that the Writers’ Strike is over, and the dust has settled, it looks like Warner Bros. pet project for 2009, the Justice League Of America movie, is back on track.

The George Miller-directed project, which will unite the likes of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter in a superhero mash-up like no other, had been put on hold back in January, because of the strike.

Via Empire Online

So what do people think - Movie event of '09 or disaster waiting to happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I really can't see this working... I hope it does, but I can't.

Too many properties looking to be looked after.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's an interesting idea, and I'd like to see it done well. I think the real problem is the general low level of awareness of the character roster. People have heard of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, but the Green Lantern and Aquaman are far less likely to register in the public consciousness, which makes a film starring them a harder sell.

The way I read it, I thought the plan was to release the solo films for the relevant members (possibly making exceptions for the likes of Green Lantern given that a TV show was in the works) and then do the group film...

That being said, this page is interesting. A Teen Titans movie? Yeah, that'll be the day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I think a solo Green Lantern movie would be awesome!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's certainly potential for it to be good, although there's a guaranteed fanboy rage session waiting to happen in that no matter which Lantern is picked to be the star, someone will complain that it should've been someone else. (Hal Jordan? Should've been Jon Stewart. Guy Gardner? Should've been Kyle Rayner, and so on).

Does anyone know what happened with the planned TV series?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The new Justice League animated movie is fantastic.

They set the whole thing in the 1950s. It's very much a Hal Jordan film though, he gets far more attention in the plot than the others and gets his Green Lantern origin story told, while all the other heroes are pretty much already established, barring Martian Manhunter.

• Advertisement

Is that the New Frontier film? I read the comic that was based on and thought it was great, had a really nice art style as well.

I dont know if this movie is going to work now. They seem to be all over the place, with actors and so on. really if they could cross it over using the actors from Dark Knight and Superman returns, would be good. But i dont think it will happen.

From what i have read though, this is happening with the avenger's. We will start seeing the cross overs happen in iron man and the hulk. With Nick Fury in both movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fysh wrote: »
    Is that the New Frontier film? I read the comic that was based on and thought it was great, had a really nice art style as well.

Yep. That's the one. It's very well done. I was a little uncertain about how it would turn out as Justice League Unlimited was such a great show which had so much character development put into it. Certainly the Superman: Brainiac Attack film was awful...

Superman Doomsday was great though. Incredible action sequences in it. And the new animated Batman feature, Gotham Knight, looks amazing.

Advertisement