Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparing for Computer Science...

Options
  • 28-02-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm considering studying Computer Science next year. In order to prepare myself somewhat, I need to find somewhere that teaches the leaving cert honours maths curriculum.

Would anyone have any information on seeking the best course? It would have to be part-time since I'm in full time employment at the moment.

Cheers,

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Do you need honours maths? The version of maths done for computer science is different as far as I know e.g. Discreet Structures.
    However you do need to be a little mathmatically minded and preferably good at typing.

I assume it'd be more to get himself up to speed :)

TheStrandRoads, you could first of all check out http://www.examinations.ie/ to have a look over the previous maths exams. If you're simply looking to get back to basics, perhaps enquire at your local VEC as they might run courses for adults getting back into education. Finally, you could go the route of getting grinds or else going to a grind school for the next few weeks.

Good luck with it either way. If you get lost anywhere, you could drop by the Mathematics forum or else the Leaving Certificate forum, as other posters have done (and usually get a swift reply too!).

Dónal

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

The reason I want to take honours maths is to primarily get the required qualification to enter the course, and secondly, to prove to myself that it really is what I wish to do, as it will no doubt force me back into 'study mode'.

I'll check out the links!

Cheers Dónal.

Advertisement