Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows media player constantly crashing???

• 28-02-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, recently whenever i open windows media player 11 it crashes almost immediately displaying this message "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". The strange thing is, is that say i click on a song i want to play, media player pops up, starts to play the song and while the song is still playing and everything is fine that message comes up. I'm running xp sp2 and have windows media player 11. Any ideas?
    Cheers lads.
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I'd run Windows Update first . If that doesnt help then uninstal/reinstal WMP . You might also try uninstalling the latest WMP Windows Update (I know a few people on Vista had problems with it ) although am on XP Pro SP2 here too and no issues thus far so it would be a long shot .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

yeah, i tried the above but it's still acting up...thanks for the reply though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,378 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I am unable to use WMP anymore on my Vista laptop, i run it, and half the time nothing pops up, but it still appears to be running (when i go into task manager I can see the process there...)

Very annoying, had to switch to using winamp instead, and find it great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 monkeypowerr

yeah same thing happens to me its REALY frustraiting i get so angry.. im running xp sp2 1g ram 256mb video card grr plz help asap

Advertisement