Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair issue - if the price goes up, should I demand the lower price?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I have €150 worth of Ryanair vouchers. Ryanair, being the ever-loveable creatures they are, don't allow you book your flight online if you are using vouchers, so you have to use their phone line.

I have been ringing their phone line for 3 days now, and there has been no answer whatsover.

I have quadruple-checked that I'm ringing the right number.

So basically, they sold me vouchers for €150 that are unusable.

And, if the price of the flight I've been trying to book for 3 days now skyrockets, as they tend to do, should I try to demand that they sell it to me at the price it is now, considering it's their fault that I can't book it?

(p.s. i'm REALLLLLLLLLLY pissed off with Ryanair!!!)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

eskimo wrote: »
    I have €150 worth of Ryanair vouchers. Ryanair, being the ever-loveable creatures they are, don't allow you book your flight online if you are using vouchers, so you have to use their phone line.

I have been ringing their phone line for 3 days now, and there has been no answer whatsover.

I have quadruple-checked that I'm ringing the right number.

So basically, they sold me vouchers for €150 that are unusable.

And, if the price of the flight I've been trying to book for 3 days now skyrockets, as they tend to do, should I try to demand that they sell it to me at the price it is now, considering it's their fault that I can't book it?

(p.s. i'm REALLLLLLLLLLY pissed off with Ryanair!!!)
    Good luck with demanding anything from Ryanair. Theyll think thats gas.

I see on the t&cs that you have to go direct alright, but theyve had problems with their site this week, which may have caused the lines to be busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Make a complaint to the National Consumer Association

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

KtK wrote: »
    Good luck with demanding anything from Ryanair. Theyll think thats gas.

I see on the t&cs that you have to go direct alright, but theyve had problems with their site this week, which may have caused the lines to be busy.

I haven't experienced any problems with the site, unless you are talking about the well publicised down time so that they could update the site. (Which they finished ahead of schedule.)

It's a pity that the OP cannot use the vouchers online, but I doubt very much that Ryanair will give a lower price. They will probably argue that it's in the Terms and Conditions that you can't use them online and come up with an explanation for not answering the phone.

Get onto Michael O Leary, he'll sort it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There has been major problems on Tues & Wed this week trying to book flights through the new website, probably a combination of demand and the new site. I would imagine that their phone lines would have been busy.

Out of curiousty, why did you buy vouchers from Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

are you sure you can't use the website to book with vouchers? That's really bad; won't be buying them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

I've emailed the national consumer agency.

I got the vouchers for Christmas so I could get cheap flights.

Yeah you definitely can't book online with them.

This is day four - they still aren't answering the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bit off topic ? but i had a similar issue with sky with their invite a friend number! rang again and again at different times during the day and they never answered they kept putting the calls through to customer care who would refuse to deal with it and also refused to transfer the call meaning you have to ring yet again! spent over €10 ringing and never got through to that number!

your ryan air issue sounds very similar but i suppose you get what you pay for as far as service goes with ryan air?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

eskimo wrote: »
    I've emailed the national consumer agency.

I got the vouchers for Christmas so I could get cheap flights.

Yeah you definitely can't book online with them.

This is day four - they still aren't answering the phone.
    Anywhere else that has a mainly online presence that issues vouchers will have an online system for redeeming them. It isnt rocket science. So obviously Ryanair have a reason for making you call, which probably involves milking more money from you. And a cynical view would be that they already have your money, so why bother making it easy for you to book flights? Make you ring an expensive phone line instead. As usual with Ryanair, it sucks. Theyre famous for it, and theyre thriving on it.

Mods: if Ive overstepped any mark, please advise.

Advertisement