Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Tiida - steering problem

Options
  • 28-02-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I bought a new Nissan Tiida saloon SVE, 1.6 petrol, in Jan 2008. The car is fine in most respects but I'm having a terrible problem with the steering pulling almost constantly to the left. The garage/main dealer where I bought it have checked it i.e. steering/alignment/tracking/balancing/tyre pressures etc. and say that everything is within Nissan specifications and they cannot find anything wrong with it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you get someone from the garage to drive the car and experience the same issue first hand with you in the car? What type of diagnostics have they done so far?

Maybe an idea is to have the front tyres switched to the rear. I've heard before that a poorly designed tyre can causing something like this. Switching the tyres front to back may tell if this is the cause. Also check the tyre pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

are they not designed that way to make it easier to get around the circus ring:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 larrybrowne

"Did you get someone from the garage to drive the car and experience the same issue first hand with you in the car? What type of diagnostics have they done so far?"

Thanks Bazz26,

Yes - service manager took a long drive in the car (with me) and still would not agree that it was pulling left when it clearly was. he did a full 4 wheel diagnostic/balance/alignment/etc, etc, and said everything was within nissan specifications and therefore there was nothing he could do. I have seen this same problem on nissan forums in other countries but not here in Ireland, so i'm just wondering if anyone here has come across it???

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

in 80-90% of cases, a vehicle genuinly pulling to one side is due to tyres. Somthing simple i would suggest, is swaping your front tyres left to right (assuming they are not directional). Drive the car again and see what results you get. Also, an important question.. are the tyres within spec? I often see "boy racers" putting huge wheels and low profile unsuitable tyres on small hatches, and then complaining about drifting.
    Also, be aware of the camber of the road. Roads normaly slope twords the left. And, dont forget to always drive with both hands on the steering wheel (joking!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Can't really see anyone else owning up to buying a tiida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get an independent engineers report and take it in to them. that is a disgrace on a new car.

Advertisement