Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Galway

Options
  • 28-02-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Does anybody know the cheapest way to get to Galway from Dublin for a student?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Brods wrote: »
    Does anybody know the cheapest way to get to Galway from Dublin for a student?

your big thumb, scabbo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

By foot,..only cost you may have will be a few bottles of water along the way, alternatively try www.buseireann.ie I dont think citylink do stuedent rates..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bus/Lift/Walk to Shannon (~40miles?) and grab a 1c fare with Ryanair ;) If that's too much effort the bus will definately be cheapest
    Student Single details... €12.20

Failing that, spend a day finding a stupid taximan and leg it on arrival :rolleyes:

*sdonn does not condone stealing*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Change the heading of your thread to 'Lift wanted - Dublin to Galway'. Give an indication of when you want to travel, promise not to act weird, smoke, talk incessantly about Saoirse or Faichtna your 'friends' on BEBO and you just never know...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Bus/Lift/Walk to Shannon (~40miles?) and grab a 1c fare with Ryanair ;)
    Sadly Ryanair's Shannon - Dublin route ended on 3rd Feb, due to expansion on other routes. Twas bout the same price as the train.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think nestorbus are the cheapest €10 single/€13 return for a student compared to BusEireann's €14 /€18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

KEARNS BUSSES, I paid like €6 before..... only thing is, they'd wanna pay you to travel with them...cause they go all the way down to Birr on Offaly before you get to Dublin.... I've christened it 'the mystery tour bus' you'd wanna be really sleepy so you can sleep through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i always took citylink there mighta been a euro difference init or something but 3 hours and you were in galway compared to bus eireanns 5+ sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

By foot,..only cost you may have will be a few bottles of water along the way, alternatively try www.buseireann.ie I dont think citylink do stuedent rates..

They do. It's not much off but it's worth it compared to bus eireann.

Advertisement