Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taste festivals

• 28-02-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hiya, was anyone at the taste festival last year? is it worth it to go along, the inlaws are thinking of visiting and wanted to see if its worth organising for then? I hear there's another in Cork too, seems to have all the top foods....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

hiya,

I went last year and it was absolutely horrendous. Basically, there wasn't half as much food to taste as I was lead to believe and most of the stands did exactly the same stuff. There was about 5 indian stands and 5 Polish ones all doing the same food.

It was also very very busy. Packed to the rafters with large groups and buggies so the majority of the day was spent elbowing your way through the crowds, spilling whatever minature plates of food you had. Queues were very long as well.

We really wished that we had just gone out for a nice big three course meal instead.

Overall if you are going, I would say eat something before you go or be prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of money. It was very annoying hovering in a huge room with tiny portions of food that took ages to queue for. Eating standing up, bumping elbows with crowds just didn't do it for me.

I was so excited about it and just felt really ripped off by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I had a totally different experience than Monkey61 and feel quite the opposite about the whole affair...

I went last year, and the year before, and I will be going this year too. Last year I brought my mother. This year my mother has decided that even my grandmother is coming with us.

There was much discussion on this forum after it last year, expressing all the differing opinions. If you're really interested, I'd go search for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 terrier98045

thanks for the feedback, will go looking for last years threads

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hamiltron

Hmmm - I had been considering going to this year's festival, but having looked at the threads from last year, I think I will be just booking a table in a good restaurant instead. It just sounds like the event is overfull. You don't want to be queueing for ages just to get a little platter of reheated food.

Hamiltron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

went last year- hated it- won't be going again- overhyped, badly organised, and the food wasn't great either- you could taste it's reheated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I went to one in North Co. Dublin last summer - in marquees, in the rain. €50 a ticket for a little bit of food - and both the hubby and I were sick as dogs for a week :(
    When I think of the kind of meal we could have had in a restaurant instead...

Advertisement