Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Lackagh

Options
  • 28-02-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea of how Lackagh would be as a place to live for a young couple? I know the traffic in Claregalway is awful but are there any backroads around this? What are the locals (pubs) like for a couple of pints?

There seem to be a lot of houses for sale in Woodlands. Is there something wrong with the estate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Lackagh is a fine spot. Flynns have the supermarket/hardware place and pub.
    There's a chemist and the health centre. School and church[if that's your thing ;)].
    Pub is your typical local country spot, the usual "are ya local, or just passing thru'", but tis grand. Turloughmore is about a mile down the road and has a few pubs, haven't been....yet.
    Woodlands is a fine estate, the only reason I see houses up for sale there, is a few have been rented over the years, so the landlords are just selling them on. Some of the other houses were bought relatively cheaply 5/6/7 years ago, so the owners see a good opportunity to upgrade now in the current market, well that's my 2 cents on it.
    As regards traffic, meh, there's traffic everywhere, I don't let it get to me.
    Any more questions pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm in Lackaghmore,less than a mile from woodlands, It's a pretty nice area, Galway Centre is only 10 Miles away and you can skip Claregalway by turning left at Carraun cross towards Cregmore and into town on the Carnmore / Monivea road, busy enough but takes less time then Claregalway in rush hour.
    Good local School as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pukeymcpukerson

what do ppl think of the shop there, the supervalu? are they a good shop... was thinkin of maybe applying for work there? any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

I wouldn't recommend it. I moved there with my boyfriend a few months ago and I want to move out already.
    We're not a particularly loud couple, we'd have friends over once every 1 or 2 months, but we've had hassle with the neighbours.
    It's a very family-orientated estate. They don't seem to like people renting houses.

The houses themselves are lovely. There's a tennis court in the middle of the estate which is really nice.

I've never been to Flynns as I'm not into 'local country' pubs. I'd prefer to head into town but this can be costly as taxi's cost about €25 each way.

Traffic can suck if you're going at peak times but can be avoided. Supervalu is ok but I prefer to go to Claregalway.

My advice would be to live somewhere else but at the end of the day it's your choice.

Advertisement