Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Fallouts, BeBo Bandits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

shepple?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he thinks he's an individual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

boards can ruin your life also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DisandDat

When will people ever wake up. "oh but, I have nothing to hide".

Catch yourselves on, protect your privacy.

Anybody will a bebo or facebook or myspace ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Wow. Information published to a publicly-accessible place comes back to bite people in the ass...

duh. Maybe the point should be more 'stop being a sexually-depraved alcohol-obsessed retard' than 'stop posting that you're a sexually-depraved alcohol-obsessed retard'?

'Tis a sign of the times. *shakes head and cane and walks off*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 STEVO B

he thinks he's an individual

I dont have a facebook or bebo, sure I must be :D

Why has this thread been moved?

Surley it has more relevance than a thread on 'Gingers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

STEVO B wrote: »

Gingers is a very serious topic.

Thankfully, on my bebo I don't use my name anywhere!

I just googled my name ,which I thought was pretty unique, never met another with the same surname that I wasn't related to! But gee golly whizz! There's a load of mes' out there!!

It was moved not locked or deleted. It was moved to a more relevant forum.
    You didn't add much of a discussion to start with either.
    Untwist your knickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh no. The CIA are coming after me.

• Advertisement

on a lighter side of things, everything you put on facebook.. they own and can use however they like.

careful with them sexy photos girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well I thought it was obvious that if you make incriminating stuff about yourself public then there might potentially be some comeback on that. That's why all these sites have privacy settings. Will the conspiracy ever end.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

And thats why all social networking sites are evil and of no use whatsoever populated exclusively by utter retards, scumbags, pedos and 12 year olds. Yes, social networking is the bane of our existance because we're all wayyyyy wayyyy too fúcking cool to use sites like bebo.

^^I hate you people -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I dont have a facebook or bebo, sure I must be :D

Imagine wanting to catch up with old friends over the internet. Will the conspiracy ever end.

meglome wrote: »
    Imagine wanting to catch up with old friends over the internet. Will the conspiracy ever end.

There are many ways to do such things. People have been able to catch up with old friends for centuries, without feeling the need to place all information online for the public.

Again, if you lose you desire for privacy, you lose a vital survival instinct.

why do you need a survival instinct in a world where water, food, clothing, shelter and companionship are all readily and easily available?

suriving isn't hard here in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There are many ways to do such things. People have been able to catch up with old friends for centuries, without feeling the need to place all information online for the public.

Again, if you lose you desire for privacy, you lose a vital survival instinct.

People have been able to 'catch up' before cars, planes, mobile phones and even writing materials were invented, are they negated too?

There is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with Bebo or any of these sites. I don't use it much (maybe once a month) but you do get to hear casually from people who you wouldn't hear from otherwise. People who set themselves up for a major fall via social sites would find another way to vent their stupidity if they didn't have access to the internet and should have more cop on. There is very little on my social sites about me personally.

if anyone thinks they're anonymous on the internet, go piss off /b/

you'll find out just how anonymous you are then :)

Tranny wrote: »
    why do you need a survival instinct in a world where water, food, clothing, shelter and companionship are all readily and easily available?

suriving isn't hard here in the west.

You & Karoma certainly wont be winning awards for intelligence anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

STEVO B wrote:
    You & Karoma certainly wont be winning awards for intelligence anytime soon.

Because they choose to decide for themselves instead of following the other conspiracy sheeple?

untitled.jpg

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Because they choose to decide for themselves instead of following the other conspiracy sheeple?

untitled.jpg

Whats conspiracy got to do with any of this I ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well Casey...I mean Stevo B, the conspiracy about the Man finding out everything about us and tracking our every movements etc etc, and that everyone is against us and that since people don't think like you, they must be brainless sheep (who ironically choose what they want to do, but that point is always overlooked). It's all part of the grand illusion. It's never been explained what this illusion is, but when it happens, boy is it going to be a hoot!

humanji wrote: »
    Well Casey...I mean Stevo B, the conspiracy about the Man finding out everything about us and tracking our every movements etc etc, and that everyone is against us and that since people don't think like you, they must be brainless sheep (who ironically choose what they want to do, but that point is always overlooked). It's all part of the grand illusion. It's never been explained what this illusion is, but when it happens, boy is it going to be a hoot!

Wrong man. Stephen here.

Why are you getting into conspiracy theories about the man following us around??

I started this thread to enlighten people as to the dangers of bebo etc.

Nothing more.

It's the powah mad moderators you gotta watch out for. We has informationz!11!
    Banned. Locked. Yawning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not to mention that we had this thread before.

Stevo b, if you read the terms and condition and don't agree with then, then you just don't sign up.
    It's that simple.

People are free to agree to the terms of these sites. Nobody is forcing them to blindly agree.

Fair enough, most don't bother reading them, but they are there. It's not like anytihnig is hidden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement