Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MK IV Honda Prelude brakes question

Options
  • 28-02-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a 4th generation (1992 to 1996) Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec?

I am having difficulty sourcing 282mm discs for this model.
    Can anyone confirm that they have 282mm discs with a 4 stud holes on this model? (I think the PCD is 4x113.4).

I been given 260mm discs from a motorfactors who carry the Quinton Hazell brand and said they only list 282mm discs for the next model ('97) but these discs have a 5 stud hole pattern.

The QH online brochure doesn't seem to list a 282mm disc for the '92 to '96 model so I'm thinking it's possible they somehow are mistaken?

http://www2.qha.com/catalogues/QH15.pdf

I'm beginning to doubt myself now though so would like if anyone could confirm the '92 to '96 2.2 vtec should have 282mm discs listed with a 4 stud hole pattern.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Yes, 4 stud, like the '98 Accord Coupe. Honda EPC will confirm, if you have access to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Thanks JMHEG I'll see how I get on with the Honda EPC.
    The QH catalog must have the wrong part listed.

BP703 according to that is what you're after. They're the dimensions of the discs on my '98 Accord Coupe.

They're big discs, and the Accord had big 2 pot calipers.

The BP703 looks like brake pads, but I think you might have meant BDC4358 which are 282mm diameter, 23mm thick and have 4 stud holes.

I looked up the Honda EPC, and it's difficult to be sure because it doesn't seem to list the engine sizes, but p/n 45251-SS0-A00 seemed to be likely. I googled that number and it returned a pdf on which 45251SS0A00 was listed for PRELUDE 2.2 VTEC (BB) - 2.2 16V DOHC (BB), 92, 2274, 282x23x48.
    Do you reckon the 48 is the diameter of the central hole in the hub section?

Sorry, my bad, it's the disc that matches BP703. As regards the 48, I don't know, sorry.

The only other suggestion I can make is go into Halford and look at the discs there. I'd be surprised if they didn't have the right ones, and you can measure them there.

• Advertisement

I thought I should update this thread in case it's of benefit to anyone else.
    The correct QH part number for the disc was BDC4374. I hope this information might save others having to go through the same hassle as I had to, because I had to go back to the motorfactors and swap discs twice before I got the right part.

BDC4374 is listed in the Quinton Hazell catalogue for the 2.3 Prelude from Oct '91 to Sept '96 but it doesn't list them for the 2.2 vtec Prelude. It lists the dimensions as being 281.5mm diameter x 23mm thick. For the diameter of the disc, 0.5mm is negligible so I don't know why they're not listed as being 282mm. The third measurement listed in some catalogues is the hub height by the way.

BP703 is listed as a matching brake pad for this disc, although they also go with other discs in the catalogue too.

Advertisement