Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 28-02-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Im currently living in a little town called kiltullagh,athenry. thinking of moving out to kinvara but all short the motorway is going up now direct to dublin-galway and the slip road for this wil be only 2 mins from the house im in now, my question is would it be stupid to sell up now and move or should i wait for the motorway to be finished before i sell? the house is currently worth around 360-380 at the moment what will the value of it go up by when the motorway is completed?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes and no. It may go up, as the house will be near the motorway, but also no, as motorway = traffic, and traffic = noise. If people can't sleep, then your house may drop in price.

To stop the noise, grow a few trees between your house, and the motorway, in a "C" shape, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Between the motorway going ahead and the massive IDA park planned for just down the road from you- your house will most probably be cushioned from some of the worse falls around the country- but the simple fact of the matter is that its increasingly difficult to raise high mortgages, and property price increases are a thing of the past. 360-380k seems like a reasonable exit point- personally if we were in your position, we'd sell now, and rent for a while. Motorway etc notwithstanding- the writing is on the wall for property prices.....

Advertisement