Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just A Little Ramble!

Options
  • 28-02-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Well Jus taut i would get my thoughts out there.Its The End Of February Now and there are roughly 14 weeks left til de big LC..Now my major concerns are that right before possibly de biggest exams of my life i am doing not the slightest bit of work and i dnt seem to mind which is very worryin..Im Just Wonderin Is Any1 Else like This??

Its not like i dont want to do the work its just that im too tired and feel unmotivated after coming home from skool..The pressure is now startin to begin and as the time starts to fly i dnt want 2 b left behind nd end up repeatin!!

Just basically wonderin if ny1 here:
    1)Is seriously thinking dey will hav 2 repeat next yr at this stage?
    2)Is starting to lose concentration cuz of pressure?

Comments

If I were you.. I would seriously motivate yourself RIGHT NOW.

I am currently repeating and believe me, You do NOT want to be in the same situation I am in.

I feel the pressure even more so then last year.. Everybody is expecting you to do so much better. For my course choice I need to go up 150 points from last year. ahhhhhhh.. Im actually SO stressed.

God.. I could be in college now.. DONT REPEAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

this is how i get my motivation on

96 DAYS TILL THE LEAVING

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

you have 3 months to change things.
    Just done my mocks.
    More work needed but I am not too far off the mark, Another 3 months of going over everything again will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

What are you aiming for?

I was the same as you... I didn't really work that much at all, I did all my homework, paid attention in (most) classes and studied for tests, but I didn't do any revision aimed at the lc throughout the year. The only time i could motivate myself for study was when the pressure was really on... i.e I studied for Irish paper 2 the night/morning before... for some exams I left all the study till the morning cause I'd have been busy with another subject during the night or just too exhausted to do anything... (I'd get up about 5.30 or so)....

I did pretty well though, I didn't get my first choice but I got my second (515 points). I would say however... that while I didn't do "revision" as in I never sat down and voluntarily wrote english essays or anything, I did do absolutely everything to a good standard for classes, and worked in them.

So yeah... you don't "need" to be studying now, infact, starting now or soon enough is ok, I'm pretty sure that if you earnestly study for however many weeks it is that's left you'll do brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

im exactly the same! i finished my mocks 2day and it was a night before job on all of them..plus i wouldnt even start till about 8pm or even later..i didnt stress over my mocks but i just cant find the motivation to study either...hopefully things will change over the next few weeks but i doubt they will :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement