Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressed Air Stickers

• 28-02-2008 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

At the Dive show last weekend I noticed a lot of cars with Compressed Air stickers on the back of cars. I am pretty sure not all of those cars (if any) actually contained compressed air as the stickers tended not to be easily removed ones.
    While they are a good idea if you do have bottles in your boot, think about the problems that can arise in the event of an accident if you don't.
    I'm sure they complicate and delay things for rescue services unnecesssarily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

In the UK (as far as I know) its a legal requirement that if you are carrying compressed air cylinders that you display the sticker in case of a RTA. But of course people don't remove the sticker when they don't have tanks in the car/van.
    From what I've been told, thats how the "baby on board" stickers came about. So that rescuers would know to look for babies/infants in case of a crash, not just adults. But of course people don't remove them either when the kids are not there...

Advertisement