Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Hostel

Options
  • 28-02-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any hostels in Westport open at this time of the year? Was in the Old Mill Hostel about 3 years ago but their website doesnt seem to have been updated in ages. Also the hostel websites don't seem to have any hostels linked to Westport for the dates well are looking to go (sometime in mid-March) If there aren't any hostel is their any other cheap cheerful accomodation availble in Westport?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a pub on the corner of the Octagon square, towards James Street. Yellow front and a fishtank inside. That's where I usually have lunch whenever I'm up for the day. They have a nice B&B too.

Or try ringing Westport Tourist Office 098 25711.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thegaffer

biko wrote: »
    There's a pub on the corner of the Octagon square, towards James Street. Yellow front and a fishtank inside. That's where I usually have lunch whenever I'm up for the day. They have a nice B&B too.

Or try ringing Westport Tourist Office 098 25711.
    That's great biko, thanks. I rang the tourist office there and they said that the Old Mill is still open, it's in a great location and it good and comfortable so i'll be going there. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

The Old Mill Hostel is still open and does some good business. Book early to get in before all the spanish exchange students get in.

Biko, I think the pub you're on about is the Dunnings Cyberpub, which is a restaraunt, cybercafe and a pub, and does Bed and breakfast upstairs.

Across the road is a red pub called Blousers which was featured on the Guinness ad about two years ago, nice pub too.

Need any more info about westport let me know.

Advertisement