Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A-ferries site & booking

• 28-02-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,
    Im converting my panel t4 van with bed,windows etc and thinking of heading to france for a few weeks holidays during the summer.On the A ferries web site it states that I cannot book a commerical van on line.Can I book as a motor home or car?If I book as a car will this cause a problem on the date off departure? vehicle height is 1.9 meters if this is any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Try the Brittany Ferries or Irish Ferries sites. Put it in as a motohome. They give you height and length dimensions to chosse from for different size campers. It will work out the same price as a car (it did for me on the dates I booked).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BenFoldsFive

Thanks *Kol* for the reply.I had a look at the Irish ferries site.Very similar to the A ferries if not identical.
    Before I go ahead and book under the motor home catagory I have 1 more question.Do customs check vans as they are boarding? My van is taxed as commerical so just wondering if they will they pull me over and question why I have booked in the motorhome section? sorry for all the questions I just dont want any additional charges or worse not been permitted to board.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Thanks *Kol* for the reply.I had a look at the Irish ferries site.Very similar to the A ferries if not identical.
    Before I go ahead and book under the motor home catagory I have 1 more question.Do customs check vans as they are boarding? My van is taxed as commerical so just wondering if they will they pull me over and question why I have booked in the motorhome section? sorry for all the questions I just dont want any additional charges or worse not been permitted to board.:D

Customs wouldn't be interested in your Tax Vs Booking situation. They don't check the tickets.

Advertisement