Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dangerous white van - 00WX6600

Options
  • 28-02-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Dangerous Driving:
    This evening (28 Feb 2008) while driving home with my two eldest kids in the car a white van came unbelievably close behind me just south of the M9 - I was stuck behind a string of traffic led by a truck - we were doing about 80kmh in the 100kmh zone - he was so close I couldn't see his head lights (it was about 19:15). To be honest (& I'm not intimidated easily) I felt totally harassed, and in some fear for my kids. We drove on and eventually distance between me and the van happened. Out of the 80kmh zone (near Moone) the same thing occurred and I slowed way down without using the brake and the guy got so close I thought he would hit me....then he passed. To say I was annoyed (as well as very shaken) was an understatement. I flashed the fool, and he braked quickly. Luckily I hadn't taken his close quarters driving approach and did not hit him. The reg of the idiot’s van is 00WX6600.

Please be careful out there and watch out for this damn fool. I'm not normally this timid about such situations.....but this is my first encounter of such a haarssing situation.

Anyone else had an interaction with this white van?

Castledermotcar.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's awesome

what has it got to do with japanese cartoons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

4chan party van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Castledermotcar

Absoutely nout, but hey...it needs to be posted somewhere.....and U never know, it might get passed to somewhere more useful .....and even get a minute bit of notice. Thanks for the reply. Its my first Boards encounter...so not the worst reply I could have expected........given that I got the wrong board to mess with. I hope you Cartooning is successful

More like a total W&$%er

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Maybe the mods can move it to the appropriate place. its reg to a white van alright ... might be of use to pass the word.

Vehicle Description

Registration00WX6600 MakeCITROEN ModelUNKNOWN Description1.9D D DISPATCH 1.9 Engine Capacity(cc)1868 Fuel TypeDIESEL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i wudda whipped up the hand brake hoping the effer rams me...but then i have no kids so!!
    have complained dangerous drivers like this to gardai before, nothing's come of it but my own personal satisfaction

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I don't think you can post people's reg numbers on a public site.

Maybe report him to the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a WHITE CITROEN DISPATCH 1.9D. Move this dam thread already.

Hi Silverfish.
    You are probably correct about my misuse of posting the car reg. Thx 4 that.
    The Garda option ...call me a cynic....but how would that help unless I was at the scene of an accident...that thankfully didn't occur. Given that the local Castledermot Station is one of those occasionally manned stations I expect that the interest from the Carlow (next closest) would have been slow to respond and caused me lots and lots of explaining (to the point where I would wonder why I bothered.....call me bitter and twisted!). Maybe that's a bit Irish of me.

It's done and dusted....relax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

shudda reported it.... he wont stop acting the maggot and i'm not harping... we gotta stop tolerating this behaviour, theres too many dying

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

staker wrote: »
    shudda reported it.... he wont stop acting the maggot and i'm not harping... we gotta stop tolerating this behaviour, theres too many dying

I agree with reporting the driver to the authorities, too many lunatics on the road, but I dont think reg numbers should be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

was it single lane or dual carriageway? if you were doing around 80 in a 100km/h and werent giving him an opportunity to pass maybe you were somewhat at fault aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cyrus wrote: »
    was it single lane or dual carriageway? if you were doing around 80 in a 100km/h and werent giving him an opportunity to pass maybe you were somewhat at fault aswell?
    FRom reading the OP I think he was in a slower moving convoy with no opportunity to overtake until further down the road which is when Mr White Van Driver overtook him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ah he did say that, sorry didnt read it properly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

i would definitly report him to Traffic Watch. however I think your right you will get little satisfation from the Gardai. Unless they witness the incident themselves they are not interested.

Traffic watch No.: 1890205805.

As for posting Reg. here that shouldn't be a problem either, read in AutoExpress recently that there is a name and shame website in England for bad / dangerous drivers. Not shure if this is it, but worth a look.

http://www.baddriving.com/

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/pr_peterborough.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

From reading the charter, you're not supposed to post reg's without an accompanying pic of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Indeed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement