Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog of Death - People Newspaper UK - with a twist

Options
  • 29-02-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

It is a funny old world we live in...
    http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=sold-dog-of-death%26method=full%26objectid=20276186%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Dog of Death indeed - funny enough ever since he has hopped on the ferry to Ireland he seems to have lost his urge to kill and became what he always was: a normal pup!

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
    p861603.jpg

Look at me, aint I handsome?
    p861595.jpg
    p861601.jpg

Come closer, I wanna eat you!
    p861593.jpg

Ooooh, a rednosed horse, are they banned??? Kindred soul, give me a kiss!
    p861594.jpg

I saw the horse do it! Wonder what it tastes like..
    p861596.jpg

Right, you are the human I am supposed to attack...
    p861599.jpg

I much rather go for a walk with you instead...
    p861600.jpg

Want a drink, little man?
    p861598.jpg

His story is a story of *You can't have your cake and eat it*. The *dog of death* was bought and used as an example how easy it is to obtain *devil dogs* in the UK and how *dangerous* these dogs are. Yet the newspaper peeps could not bring themselves to kill him by handing him over to the police, after all, he is a cute little pup, aint he?? And you know what? DoD has taken a ferry to Ireland...and I am going public with it as it defeats the whole purpose of DDA and shows the crazyness of this *law*. The Devil Dog whos real name is Raymond Beanie Bag Wiggly Ar*e aka *oh no, don't do that!* will have his own website and peeps will be able to track his progress online. A friend thought up a good name for it: the People's Puppy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sounds great, I really hope he doesn't bite anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

And why would he? Nor have a quite a few APBt which went through my rescue and which I placed in normal homes like any other dog/breed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

aww! too much cuteness! :D your horse is really pretty too, you're little (human) boy seems to be enjoying his company anyway! so cute! :D

Website is up and frontpage is ready for viewing!

http://www.thepeoplespuppy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

EGAR wrote: »
    Website is up and frontpage is ready for viewing!

http://www.thepeoplespuppy.com/

Jaysus the tabloids will go mad when they realise they let a talking/computer literate dog go! :D

I suspect you're going to try and get some press coverage with the website down the line so I would take a look at the grammar/punctuation. Also I'm not sure if you do at the moment or not but it might be a good idea to premoderate the guestbook page. If you do get some national press attention, you will inevitably get some eejit on posting rubbish on your guestbook which will detract from the website's credibility.

Looks like a lovely dog. He's obviously going to have a better life now. Hope it all works out well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

A+ thread.

good job, he looks a lovely fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

It's a great page and lovely picture of him! What was said in that newspaper article was just the height of ignorance, I don't know how these people get such good jobs, because what they write is just so dumb. Hopefully he will get lots of good publicity from this now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

How did you come to get that particular dog??

Anyway lovely pics, hope all goes well with him :)

Hehehe, I didn't write the front page for the website. But I will be writing his blog and update the pictures etc. It isn't so much about media coverage but more about education. That it IS the owners and not the dogs, especially when it comes to Bull Breeds. Raymond has settled in well and sleeps in his crate like a good puppy. He has alot to learn as he knows virtually nothing of the real world having been shut away in a yard. But he is eager and keen to try out new things. He twigged the horse in no time, after barking at him for a minute I corrected him verbally and the let him have a sniff. He now greets the horses every morning with no bother whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Egar, as always, your an inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Does this mean you have found new premises Sarah?If so is there any chance you could take the utterly gorgeous Shilo,a 10month old APBT?I have no idea of how to home such a dog so there's no danger he'd end up in the wrong hands but you do!He's an absolute pet,raised with children and other dogs,neutered and vacc'd and a very handsome dark brindle.If you can take him I'll find a way to get him over to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

What a gorgeous little fella. As someone else said, you're an inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jules wrote: »
    Egar, as always, your an inspiration!

+1

Great outcome to a stupid, stupid story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

How did you come to own Raymond?
    He is absolutely gorgeous and fair play for the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emsy g

why do these dogs have to be banned?they are truly lovely,people should be interviewed before they get a dog of ANY breed and maybe one day dog fighting and abuse will end...in my little head it'd work anyway but yes,i know,this will always happen :(
    that is one hell of a cute dog though :p

Advertisement