Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow (showers and longer spells) Sunday evening - Tuesday morning, possibly longer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Snowing on hills now in Cork
    I reckon all ppn will readily turn to snow from now on
    Pbly evaporate aswell:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like as the showers hit the irish sea there are rejuvenating.

Showers forming to my east with big anvils, pity there heading into Wales:rolleyes:

Was just looking at that - amazing how much is picked up off the sea - if you look at the 2.30 radar all you see is a speck off the Co. Down coast!

On the opposite side its amazing how the land sucks everything out of the showers, i.e. anything trying to head to Dublin!

The ppn is circulating now on the latest radar
    The low is obviously centred over Ireland now.
    Expect everyone to get something between now and about 10pm
    Perfect timing as it gets colder aswell

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The ppn is circulating now on the latest radar
    The low is obviously centred over Ireland now.
    Expect everyone to get something between now and about 10pm
    Perfect timing as it gets colder aswell

It appears to be in the Mayo/Galway area moving SSE.

Shower headed my way now - I would say at last but temp. here is curently +6.6c rain and sleet (if lucky).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Its turned overcast here now and there does seem to be a little over land development to the north which is a good sign if we want to see that band of sleet and snow make it this far south.

• Advertisement

To add to our woe's i bet we'll have Gerry Murphy tonight on the tv telling us how much shleeet fell:D

To add to our woe's i bet we'll have Gerry Murphy tonight on the tv telling us how much shleeet fell:D

On the high ground too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Low must have passed here now. A keen NNW now, but sky a bit clearer. Dark to the west though. Might scrape another shower. 3.3c falling now. Sudden jump in pressure to. 1009.4 now. a jump of 3 mb in the last 45 mins.

I'd say not - he probably pulled a sicky and is up a tree or in high place someehere in the Dublin region with his utility belt containing spare gas, ligthers, back-up matches, tins of lilt and packets of wheelies/monster munch (in for a long evening).

....................I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Centre of circulation over Tipp now. Wind has backed to the south here for a short time now Sw again. That front up north seems to be weakening a tad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

wind really getting strong here,and feeling bitter 3.9c

Snowbie wrote: »
    Centre of circulation over Tipp now. Wind has backed to the south here for a short time now Sw again. That front up north seems to be weakening a tad.

Somethings developing here for the East coast. The clouds are building fast and have that threatening look and a shower to my NW and North. I would not be supprised if there was precipitation here soon.

Yep that blob over N county Dublin has got its act together in the last half hour. Total overcast here with a SW wind still blowing.
    5.9c dp at 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Rain here now in the city.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Rain here now in the city.

Need a heavy shower for it to be any more then rain. Very dark to my West and Northwest now.

Anyone get Roger j's thunder ice pellets / tornado gusts??

Cruel aren't i:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big CB bubbling to my northwest.

The low is just moving to our south now. Upper level circulation would turn NE soon.

This shower has developed recently and has a se movement in it.Looks like us in Dublin will get this shower soon.

5.6c dp 1.1c

Northern Horizon loos very dark, shower just seems to staying still and expanding.

If it precips it will start as sleet at best.

This shower has developed recently and has a se movement in it.Looks like us in Dublin will get this shower soon.

5.6c dp 1.1c
    Enjoy the rain when it comes:D

• Advertisement

Its right on my doorstep now - should start here in the next 5 minutes. Its got a very dark base and looks quite heavy and slow moving. Its either developing againts the wind or the upper winds have already changed direction. TBH I expect hail - doubt there will be snow but we will see.

It grows larger

It grows larger

I wouldnt be supprised to hear a rumble of thunder aswell.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Its right on my doorstep now - should start here in the next 5 minutes. Its got a very dark base and looks quite heavy and slow moving. Its either developing againts the wind or the upper winds have already changed direction. TBH I expect hail - doubt there will be snow but we will see.
    Through a gap in the clouds the cloud has towered.Not a CB but developing.Low level win from the sw but upper winds are nw which is probably aiding in convection.

5.4c

Seems to be moving SSE really really really slowly.

Sky gets blacker and blacker... Oh the anticipation!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

I should be just leaving here when that precip gets going! Typical! Dry all day and then it p*sses the minute I get out of work! If it's snow though I won't mind but I know it'll be sleet at best.

Seems to be moving SSE really really really slowly.

Sky gets blacker and blacker... Oh the anticipation!:D

The main cell is not yet over me but the front edge stuff is rain here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Ditto, the main convective point is still 3 to 4 miles NNW of the airport.

• Advertisement

If it were to piss rain from this i might just shed a small tear:D:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement