Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushishi - live action

Options
  • 29-02-2008 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I was in hmv today and spotted in the new releases a dvd for mushishi. I love this anime, its one of my top ten. Just wondering has anyone seen this film? Is it worth shelling out for?

Also, it is directed by otomo. From wikipedia it appears to be his first live action feature, is it as good as i should except from him (although steamboy was crap)

p.s. I thought that i would get a better response for this here than in films, so don't shot me for posting here!

Comments

Excellent, I've been looking to get the film for awhile now. What price was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Oh sweet, it finally arrives on our shores! I've been waiting for this for a while now. If you haven't read the manga or watched the anime, then do yourself a favour and check them out.
    Also, this is far from being Otomo-sensei's first live-action film. He's previously done;
    Jiyū o Warera ni (Give Me A Gun/Give Me Freedom)
    Shuffle (Based on his psychedelic manga short Run)
    World Apartment Horror (Bases on his manga of the same name, drawn by Satoshi Kon)
    Kôkô Erotopia: Akai seifuku (Based on his manga short Cinema Club)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

Excellent, I've been looking to get the film for awhile now. What price was it?

it was for the low low price of €21.99, afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Has anyone actually seen this?

sme wrote: »
    it was for the low low price of €21.99, afaik
    Ooh, very nice indeed! Least it ain't as dear as most anime volumes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

whats mushishi?

I'd like to write a short summary myself, but I don't feel like it today, so...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

worth a look....

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Does anyone know if there is a full 26 episodes box set of this because all I can find is volumes 1-6 which i hate buying cause they cost way too much when buying them in volumes

Advertisement