Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master Socket ADSL Faceplate Splitter

Options
  • 29-02-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to get an ADSL Filter/Splitter Faceplate for eircom's NTU 2001 Master sockets? This would replace the standard single RJ11 connector with two, one filtered, one not.
    I have seen a few UK BT NTE5 versions but none for here.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It is...I used to have one fitted in my home, was fitted by BT Business (Ireland) when I got ADSL with them a few years back, not sure where'd you'd source them in Ireland...perhaps Maplins?

Much handier then having a seperate ADSL Mircrofilter, 1 cause it looks better and 2 cause it does a better job then a standard filter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eircom engineers have them so the next time you see an Eircom van ask for one.
    I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DerMutt

Thanks guys, I have tried Maplin, but they don't sell them. They do a twin RJ11 socket but it doesn't have the ADSL filter. I guess I'll have to be nice to the next eircom engineer I see ;) They seem like a good bunch of lads unlike their sales reps who are banned from ever setting foot on my property again...

Advertisement