Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks Weekend Surfing

Options
  • 29-02-2008 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

So with the first long weekend of 2008 coming up (Not including New Years before somone calls me on it) whos going making the most of it and getting a good long stretchin the water ? Who's surfing where for it ?

I'm leaving the regular shores of Waterford to try my hand at the breaks in Donegal, hopefully some larger surf might give me the opportunity to impore a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO jealous, I would love to go but I lack of funds plus a Christianing that weekend are preventing me from going :-( Maybe next time, do you do this often or is it a once off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not as often as i'd like :) I try to go as often as I can but its hard because I work out of the country a lot. Last time I got away was Dingle late last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Have three days off that weekend,I'm guessing but where I head to will depend where the swell is on.Would like to give Inch or Brandon bay a shot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I'm going to be surfing Hawaii that weekend, can't wait :D
    Anyone with the three days should consider Biarrtiz it's not that far, has Ryanair flights and accomodation is cheap as chips at this time of year. Beautiful town also with some stunning cliffs and scenery, not to mention great waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wouldn't mind out trying out Achill/Sligo/Donegal for the first time, not sure if I'll even get 3 days off that weekend though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

You could easily combine Sligo and Donegal into one weekend.
    Strandhill to Bundoran is around 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah I was going to ask the guys in the hostel where ill be staying for opinions, travelling to other beaches isnt an issue either ill have my own tansport with me so ill be taking a map and some drives. I just want to try get as much experience as possible in over the four days.

So no one else surfing around that area the weekend then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

going home to bundoran for weekend so should catch some surf then havent checked the charts yet will see how it goes havent been out in bout two months cause never get back that often due to work apparently last weekend it was pumpin just hope my source is reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Conditions are finally looking up for the weekend. A nice offshore breeze is predicted for the first time in months, swell looks a bit on the small side but we can live with that.

Hope everyone heading off surfing for the weekend has a great time.

Woot! :pac:

Advertisement