Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 weeks off!

Options
  • 29-02-2008 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,
    6 weeks off and i am doing fine, still feel like my lungs are exploding, don't know what that is or if its natrual. The cravings are still there but i tend to chew a chewing gum or suck on a mint.
    Is Nicotine still leaving my body or is it all in my mind how the craving are still there?? anybody know?
    Thanks Lance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

Fair play, I'm off them 8 and its getting easier

I have that feeling of lungs exploding too. Just put it down to being able to breathe again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Well done to you both, it definitely does get easier the longer you stay off them. Lance - most nicotine will be gone from your body within 24-48 hours of quitting; the cravings you're getting now are more psychological than physical. There's a great article on whyquit.com about facing experiences for the first time as a non-smoker, it might help you to read it: http://www.whyquit.com/joel/Joel_04_06_physical_vs_psych.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I actually posted on this forum for the first time after being off them 6 weeks too! (It's 4 months to the day now)

The nicotine should be completely gone after 2 weeks, but it's not as simple as that. In reality I can say that it took about 3 months for everything to return to normal.

Advertisement