Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Boyle

Options
  • 29-02-2008 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Did anyway see the cracking crime episode last night covering the disappearance of 6 yr old Mary Boyle in the Ballyshannon area?
    I thought it was very moving. It must be terrible for the family not knowing what happened, it would be nice to have closure.
    Weren’t that Gardai poor in those days though, no lead at all expect for one man who broke down crying during questioning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Always remember that just because i was at national school and we had a mary boyle in our class.. Was a rare thing to happen in those days... What year was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

It was 31 years ago…so 1977.
    There are a number of possible scenarios. She followed her uncle across a field; he was returning a ladder to a neighbour. Her uncle was the last person to see her. He says that she couldn’t keep up with him and that she turned back.
    1) The uncle had something to do with it
    2) She went off track on the way home and fell into some hole or swamp. Apparently there are very dangerous areas in region, swamps, bogs and quicksand.
    3) She was abducted by someone on her way home or she wandered off in a different direction and was abducted by someone.

The first possibility I will rule out. The second is very unlikely; I mean how far would a 6 yr old girl sink in a swamp and surely she would be found sometime. As her mother said, one of the search party lost his pipe and it was found a few days later by a different search.
    Number 3 is the most likely scenario. I suppose we will never know. At least her mother’s pain will be at an end when she meets her in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

When they caught some serial killer in the UK a few years ago, wasn't it said that he was living (or staying) in Sligo at the time of Mary's disappearance?
    Might have just been hype at the time and nothing to do with it, i never heard anything more about it. but it would be nice of the family to have some closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tazma

WHAT ABOUT MARY WENT ONTO THE MAIN ROAD AND WAS KNOCKED DOWN BY ACCIDENT PERHAPS THE GUY WHO WAS CRYING NEW ABOUT THIS AND PANICKED MAYBE DID NOT TELL ANY ONE ABOUT IT.
    IT WAS STARNGE BEHAVIOUR BY HIM.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I recall they searched a lake a few years ago, as a clairvoyant saw uhm... something to do with her near the lake (apparition maybe).

Searching the lake proved fruitless though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

byte wrote: »
    I recall they searched a lake a few years ago, as a clairvoyant saw uhm... something to do with her near the lake (apparition maybe).

Searching the lake proved fruitless though.

Images of a little girl appear on some photos of the area when they were developed. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't actually seen them. One of the national papers also published one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missdock.1

On utube look up Gemma o Doherty documentary on this, it's quite disturbing how much corruption is involved

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

missdock.1 wrote: »
    On utube look up Gemma o Doherty documentary on this, it's quite disturbing how much corruption is involved

This thread is nearly 9 years old.
    There's a more up to date one, talking about the documentary, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056953778

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

.......and we can lay this thread to rest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement