Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

July Prices

Options
  • 29-02-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Has any car manafacturer/distributor announced its prcing structre for after the VRT changes in July

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Has any car manafacturer/distributor announced its prcing structre for after the VRT changes in July

Not as far as I'm aware. My guess is it will be around May before we hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Mazda are "Reviewing" this at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes. BMW was very quick off the mark to officially announce they will pass the savings on to the customer in full. See the new sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

If you want to order a new car for collection in July and say there is a 3mth wait, what price will you end up paying when you place the order in April? (I presume the post July price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In April you'll sign an order form with either an actual post-July price or an estimated one or the current pricing and a disclaimer that this pricing is subject to change due to taxation changes.

It doesn't matter when you signed the orderform, you'll be taking delivery and paying the balance in July ans so will pay the July price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers

Can I throw this back in ?

Only because I can buy now or should I wait?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can I throw this back in ?

Only because I can buy now or should I wait?
    It depends on what you plan on buying. The VRT & tax on some will go up and on some will go down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ford, Toyota, and Merc have ads informing you about how much the prices of some of their models are going up by.

People with a brain will wait till July and get the diesel version instead.

Lots of other cars will be going up in price, but haven't announced by how much(the reason why these 3 are "advising" you to buy now is because they clearly ordered too many cars and now are struggling to shift them, what they're saying is true of course, but you could buy diesel versions in July for around the same price, perhaps even a bit less than how much they are saying these petrol models are going up by, and get loads more torque, more economy, and lower road tax, so I know which I'd go for anyway).

Volvo and Lexus are reminding us about how the VRT rebate for their FFV and hybrid models respectively is still there if you buy before July too. Meanwhile Nissan have their Double Take II where if you buy a petrol model of some of their cars you can get a brand new(presumably diesel) car for free next year(how Nissan Ireland makes money at all since they sell most of their Tiidas for half nothing to rental companies is beyond me). Must be the same model of course!

Fiat have a promotion on at the moment with the Punto, the price you pay now is the same as what you'll pay in July, and BMW Ireland say that a 320d ES will retail for €40,781, and the 520d SE will retail for €46,090.

For now, the link in my sig is the best guide:)!

The point of the orginal post was : are all dealers going to pass on the diesel vrt reductions or not.
    diesel
    If they do not intend passing on the savings then I will get my company car now, but if there are savings to be had then I will wait till July and get some extras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    People with a brain will wait till July and get the diesel version instead.
    The diesel versions of the M3, S2000, RX-8, etc will drop hugely in price, as will all those diesel Land/Range Rovers...

Advertisement