Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xD card - Type H or Type M

• 29-02-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a new camera in the US and like an idiot I assumed it was SD compatible but it turns out it's xD compatible only :( So, in light of that can anyone recommend a site where I can get these cards for a decent price?

I'd be particularly interested in getting a Type H card but cheap type M welcome.

Stupid proprietry devices, can't believe I didn't check first :rolleyes: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Don't know if this would be considered cheap but shop4memory here have them. Seems reasonable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Dunno where you'd get a cheap type H. They're not easy to find - many websites simply say something to the effect of: "you will receive either a type M or a type H card". I wanted a type H too as, supposedly, they're faster - but not as fast as the regular SD card (cheer Fuji/Olympus :rolleyes:).

I managed to get a 1GB type H card in Harvey Normans for €26. A staff member was in the process of repricing a trolley-load of them to €50 - so I was lucky. You could try there if you can't find a better price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks lads, I did a lot of searching and thanks to Fysh and Coldfire on boards.org.uk I managed to find some great prices and eventually went for this one from Amazon! Surprisingly, when I searched Amazon myself this card never appeared but it did when Coldfire searched for it. :confused:

Either way, it's on its way to me now :) I tried shop4memory and memory.com as well as 7dayshop and Kelkoo price comparison but Amazon had the best offer. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Nice price!

Advertisement