Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Mobile Internet Add ons Changed

• 29-02-2008 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Anyone else notice in My 3 you can only buy 1GB now for 9.99 per month all other options aer gone. (i.e 100MB 5.99 250MB 9.99 etc)

I see you can also purchase there Mobile Broadband options now on your 3pay handset I presume this means you can use you phone as a modem...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hmm that's strange alright. Why would they do that without telling anybody.
    I went onto My3 and got the same options. Dunno what the story is with the 5euro mobile broadband thing, I used my Z610i as a modem in the past tho only briefly with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

apollodjs wrote: »
    Anyone else notice in My 3 you can only buy 1GB now for 9.99 per month all other options aer gone. (i.e 100MB 5.99 250MB 9.99 etc)

I see you can also purchase there Mobile Broadband options now on your 3pay handset I presume this means you can use you phone as a modem...

Is it possible to use this with iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

iRock wrote: »
    Is it possible to use this with iPhone?

nope. iphone isn't 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

apollodjs wrote: »

Is that not to do with the new deal where you can use the 3DataModem on 3pay?

http://three.ie/broadband/3pay.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

what they have done is unblock all the proxys again.. so anyone with a 3 phone can now use all the services... everything works again even on a normal 3 pay (age verfied) sim... so anyone with a 3 phone can now use the full "fraudband" services... which ultimately will mess up the system as it did when they opened all the ports for 3pay. last time.. no need to get the 3pay broadband sim cause the normal 3pay will do the job... and for 25 euro a month you can have all the same services that contract 19.99 per month have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ianblyth wrote: »
    what they have done is unblock all the proxys again.. so anyone with a 3 phone can now use all the services... everything works again even on a normal 3 pay (age verfied) sim... so anyone with a 3 phone can now use the full "fraudband" services... which ultimately will mess up the system as it did when they opened all the ports for 3pay. last time.. no need to get the 3pay broadband sim cause the normal 3pay will do the job... and for 25 euro a month you can have all the same services that contract 19.99 per month have

Great news! 9.99 for 1 gig is what I have been waiting for.. I use just over 100 mb and I thought 9.99 for 250 mb was a bit steep, but now when you get 1 gig for that price it makes the choice much easier..

Also, it seems as if you can use those mobile broadband per-day/per-week/per-month bundles with phone as a modem so no need to buy the expensive new modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

flodis79 wrote: »
    Also, it seems as if you can use those mobile broadband per-day/per-week/per-month bundles with phone as a modem so no need to buy the expensive new modem?

i had a call from a 3 rep as i registered an interest about this 3pay broadband on their website. i specifically asked him about getting the per-day/per-week/per-month bundles on my phone. he said no. have you heard different? it would be great to add a bundle to my 3 billpay tarriff

Advertisement