Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipples and X-rays

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I've got my nipples pierced, and have managed to not let my parents find out yet, as they think it's disgusting. Unfortunately, I have to go in for a chest x-ray soon (my doctor thinks I had pneumonia) and I don't want the barbells to show up on the x-ray. If I put the plastic retainer thingies in, will they show up on the x-ray too?
    Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

They'll still show up,
    You got your nipple pierced for yourself, not for your parents,
    Theyll have to find out sometime soon so just get it over and done with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Drat... Ah well, they'll get used to the idea that I'm a deviant soon enough:) At least they won't have to see these ones, I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Drat... Ah well, they'll get used to the idea that I'm a deviant soon enough:) At least they won't have to see these ones, I guess...
    im sure you might have to take them out whlie the xray as i had me head xrayed and i have several earings and a pierced eyebrow with a sriaght bar ,i had to take them off while they xray!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭stupidfishy

davey180 wrote: »
    im sure you might have to take them out whlie the xray as i had me head xrayed and i have several earings and a pierced eyebrow with a sriaght bar ,i had to take them off while they xray!

Yeah, I was asked to remove any piercings but when they saw the amount of them they just said well its procedure but you don't have to take out any that are too new to come out, so maybe you won't have to..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Luu

Perspex/glass whatever it'll show up
    Metal- take it out!
    But whatever the dealio, just that them out for an x-ray- you can put them back in straight after. Its your health after all- you want to minimise interference/ foreign bodies on 'data' as far as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

I've had multiple X-Rays with all my piercings in and have never been asked to remove them. Naturally if they cause a shadow obstructing something then the radiologist may ask you to remove them then. I've only ever had to take out piercings for MRI although they can just cover them up with special tape that prevents the tugging if they're very new or you have implants.

Advertisement