Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate price to paint 2 bed Apt

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hello. I got a quote to have my apt painted.
    2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Hallway, Living/Kitchen/Dining room.
    Apt is 800 sq ft
    Walls only, no skirting, no ceilings.
    2 coats white soft sheen washable. Provided by painter.

What would be a fair general price for this?

PS - painter came well recommended, nice guy, turned up to estimate when he said.

Just curious is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

How much were you quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

€850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Seems reasonable to me - I know having just repainted just about every room in the house that it took me 1 day to do one room (inclusive of emptying and cleaning up) and with the paint included I would say that is a decent deal - although i would expect someone who does it for a living to be much quicker than me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

That's what I thought. Very reasonable. But that is just instinct. I have nothing to compare to. If I attempted it myself I would be a week at it and the gaff would be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

As a painter myself I would pay him €850 if I had an apartment myself.:D Not bad deal,take it quick before he gets asked to do another job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement