Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trainee graphic designers?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I need some advice on hiring a trainee graphic designer. I have a web / print design business in galway. Started 10 months ago, I myself is the sales man/business manager behind the company while my business partner is the graphic design expert.

Over the last few months we have become increasingly busy with website creation. 90% of the sites we are turning out are straight forward mixed flash/html designs. As a follow on, we then provide a lot of design work for stationary print and marketing material.

At present, we are falling behind with turning sales leads into customers as our one and only designer is balls deep in constructing sites.

What i need is a "laborer". Someone who we will hand the customers design template, a brief of the job and content to, and they get it done!

I need some general advice on what im looking for in this person and what are pay rates like?
    Would it be normal for people like this to work from home or do I tie their ass to a desk in our office!?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

2 options, hire a freelancer, or employ someone directly. Not sure why you'd want a trainee for the core of your business though! Unless you were very very busy, I would imagine a good freelance designer would be better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

heggie wrote: »
    2 options, hire a freelancer, or employ someone directly. Not sure why you'd want a trainee for the core of your business though! Unless you were very very busy, I would imagine a good freelance designer would be better value.

I dont need ideas (for now), i need manpower. Someone to take whats passed on to them and complete it our way, with of course the usual cop on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Approach the local colleges/universities and offer work placement to students.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Culchie wrote: »
    Approach the local colleges/universities and offer work placement to students.

Wouldn't really work in Galway as I don't think there are any graphics courses ?? (I could be wrong .. never really researched into the galway courses that much)

Advertisement