Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for space for my studio

Options
  • 29-02-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking that I really need to get my studio back into its own space in order to get the most out of it. I've put ads in all the usual places but to no avail. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (preferably sth Dublin or city center but flexible on that) that could be suitable? It doesn't have to massively fancy or anything, I'm just after somewhere I can go and concentrate on my work without too many distrations. 1 room would be grand but 2 rooms would be fab like a big hat on lady's day. Help your mod!!! :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

frobisher wrote: »
    I'm thinking that I really need to get my studio back into its own space in order to get the most out of it. I've put ads in all the usual places but to no avail. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (preferably sth Dublin or city center but flexible on that) that could be suitable? It doesn't have to massively fancy or anything, I'm just after somewhere I can go and concentrate on my work without too many distrations. 1 room would be grand but 2 rooms would be fab like a big hat on lady's day. Help your mod!!! :D:D:D

Grab the StudioRat, he may have the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Talked already, there gonna be nothing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

studiorat wrote: »
    Talked already, there gonna be nothing for a while.

How many routes have our paths crossed through?! Dubin is not a city but a village. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There is studio space advertised above the doors into where Sun Studio's was/is in Temple Bar.

frobisher wrote: »
    How many routes have our paths crossed through?! Dubin is not a city but a village. :p

That's the music biz... It's a small town, but I'd hate to have to paint it!

I had a look at Temple Bar, it was too expensive for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

studiorat wrote: »
    I had a look at Temple Bar, it was too expensive for me.

I knew that without even checking ;)

So what's the story studiorat, are you also looking for somewhere then?

We had a hell of a time back in October, landlord grief. So we moved, the built a new control room, machine room and vocal booth, all tiny but we needed somewhere to work out of. If the gear isn't switched on it's not paying for itself!

Then we were offered the old place back with a decent lease, so you'd be mad not too really... The plan is for them all to be rehearsal spaces for the moment, couldn't afford to move studio again! but we now have a workshop which is nice. Now I have somewhere to park the 56 channel Amek I bought the week before I found out we were moving!!! What a headache!!!

The plan in the future would be to move the studio back in, and build a programming room, mastering suite and maybe video editing or something.

So, watch this space!

Advertisement