Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelifted (and lighter) Alfa 159

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

pburns wrote: »
    As with all good designs, cosmetic changes are minimal. However potentially more significent is the reduction in weight - 100ibs according to this article. Wonder if that'll move the 159 JTDm below the 155g/km CO2 level for Band C (currently 159(coincidentally!)g/km)?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/25/geneva-08-preview-alfa-also-showing-updated-159-sedan-and-wagon/

Read that a while ago alright, they're revising their chassis design to make them stronger and lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'm still not convinced the cockpit area of the 159 is as nice as it could be. I still prefer the interior of my old 156 with sport pack interior clocks & centre console than the 159.

Still any reduction in weight is a good thing. No doubt it will bring down the CO2 figure alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these, a 07 2.4 JTDm please, around September 2010. As soon as DIT give me my parchment while I'm wearing a funny hat I'm off to Grandons/up the North.

Anyone care to guestimate a price for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get my hands on one of these, a 07 2.4 JTDm please, around September 2010. As soon as DIT give me my parchment while I'm wearing a funny hat I'm off to Grandons/up the North.

Why Grandons as opposed to a Dublin/Leinster dealer?

I'm from Cork, only in college in DIT. A lad I used to play football with works there too as a salesman. But mainly because I would prefer a C reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I know an 07 2.4JTDm that will become available in 2010.... PM me then.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I would prefer a C reg.

D'oh.....

Will do. But seriously is it possible to estimate what kind of money a 07 2.4JTDm with average mileage would command in a few years? I know that July is going to confuse everything for a while but if anyone has an idea I'd like to know.

Saw another one in traffic today, they are absolutely gorgeous. Really stand out from the millions of Golf's, Passats, A4's and 3 series on the road today and I hear they are supposed to be a hoot to drive.
    bigkev49 wrote:
    I would prefer a C reg.

I wouldnt get too hung up on it but hey I'm a Cork man, what do you expect? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced the cockpit area of the 159 is as nice as it could be. I still prefer the interior of my old 156 with sport pack interior clocks & centre console than the 159.

have to agree with you there. is it just me or does it look too cluttered and clumsy. no where near as nice looking as the old 156 centre console IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Not sure if I like the rear end of the SW as much as the old 156 either.

Strange that they are making changes to such a new car?

Still, in all likelihood, it could well be my next car (2010+).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I'm from Cork, only in college in DIT. A lad I used to play football with works there too as a salesman. But mainly because I would prefer a C reg.

As a Cork man living in Clare I had to put up with a CE reg. See you in 2 years time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

But mainly because I would prefer a C reg.

Ah, its not just me who longs for a home plate - I'm looking at paying 500 quid more for the DL plate on a s/hand car now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

MYOB wrote: »
    Ah, its not just me who longs for a home plate - I'm looking at paying 500 quid more for the DL plate on a s/hand car now :(

Another Donegal native living in Kildare (almost Dublin) who has a soft spot for Italian cars eh?

Have to say that finding an Alfa GT with DL plates would have been, well, impossible!

Of course you could always import and provide the VRO with a DL address and then do a change of address online when getting the motor tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Another Donegal native living in Kildare (almost Dublin) who has a soft spot for Italian cars eh?

Have to say that finding an Alfa GT with DL plates would have been, well, impossible!

Of course you could always import and provide the VRO with a DL address and then do a change of address online when getting the motor tax?

The car I'm after will be my first non-Italian, actually... the import route has been looked at - I do have an address I can use as permanent in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just because you buy a car in Cork, doesn't mean you'll get a C reg. It all depends on the address you use to register the car initially.

Personally, I wouldn't go near that Cork dealer....

Advertisement