Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best date?

Options
  • 29-02-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

just curious: what was your best date or best first date?

Everytime someone I know has one coming up, we all get stuck thinking of something for them to do! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I think the best dates, especially first one’s are the simple ones. No amount of over elaborate planning can be a substitute for lack of chemistry …if anything the more frills there are the more pressure on the date to be perfect. And there’s nothing worse than being on a date in a beautiful setting with the wrong person :(

I’ve had brilliant dates where it’s just been a few drinks, but what made it brilliant was clicking with the person. I was also brought on a first date to Patrick Guilbaud’s and knocked over a small bowl I was so nervous!! :mad: So early stages you’re only concern should be getting to know the person…for this reason coffee, a few drinks are usually the best bets in my experience. If he’s not a talker – comedy nights/cinema ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've had a few, brought my first serious girlfriend for a midnight pic nic on the beach, it was actually our 2nd date.

Sometimes i go with my current OH to britta bay at night with a blanket to just to lie down and watch the stars, how cheesy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When it was open... The Wax Museum. Always worked a charm every time.... except one time when it didn't and greatly disturbed the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i was already going out with my bf when we had our first date. it wasnt even a proper date, we just said it was our 1st date. we went for dinner, it was nothing special, nowhere fancy, but i always smile when i remember it cause i had such a nice time & we got on so well. when we were finished he jumped up and paid before we even asked for the bill. hed paid it before i realised what he was doing. ah back when he was trying to impress me.. now its more like "whos paying?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

First date with my current bf was amazing. We went strolling through Dublin, then got th 46A to Dun Laoghaire and walked the east pier in wind and rain. Got the Dart to Pearse st and went to Acapulco restaurant where he bought me dinner. There were candles and he looked so beautiful *sigh*

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    First date with my current bf was amazing. We went strolling through Dublin, then got th 46A to Dun Laoghaire and walked the east pier in wind and rain. Got the Dart to Pearse st and went to Acapulco restaurant where he bought me dinner. There were candles and he looked so beautiful *sigh*

AAwww thats so nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we were supposed to be going to the cinema but my car broke down in the middle of rush hour traffic, so he bought me a latte and sat in the car with me for an hour waiting for the Breakdown truck to bring me home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

The best date was meeting up for a coffee in a quiet cafe near a park. Sitting and talking for an hour or two discussing everything under the sun. Then a walk in the park, feeding ducks, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

first date with my b/f was paddy's day last year. pubs were open all night, we played pool and i didnt pot one single ball in over an hour, him and his mates were tehre, i got to drink in a pub called the bog, and was made a celebrity for being irish, and was considered hardcore after getting so drunk and holding it so well after travelling for two days on ****ty planes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Never been on a date myself, always got into relationships before they happened!

Must do that sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

when i started going out with my now hubby of almost 10 yrs , we used to spent sundays laying about in the local pitch and putt club under a huge oak tree......stream running near by and the sun blazing down on us....
    we sometimes got a pizza and chips and had nice picnics and to be honest they are fab memories :)

now of course if we done that now the running stream would make me want a wee...the pizza would be too many extra calories on the weight watchers plan and the kids would be running a muck!!

but hey it was good while it lasted and life is fabaroo now too:D:D

Advertisement