Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Contest : Round 12

Options
  • 29-02-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

OKay so here's the next round of The Boards.ie Photoshop Contests , and I fear I may have over hyped what I am doing this time round. There will only be a slight change to layout in that the end results will be achieved by following a tutorial.

And here it is http://www.zymic.com/tutorials/photoshop/mp3-player-design/

So this weeks topis is:
    Design An Mp3 Player

Now obviously we don't want 10 identical entries so the idea is that the tutorial will be used as a base and that each person will then customise it to their own ideas and improvements. Of course there is the option to completely ignore the tutorial altogether but Photoshoppped pictures of real mp3 players will not be accepted.

So this thread will be open for entries til around Tuesday night (04/03) at which point voting will commence.

Please keep image dimensions within 800*600

Hope this works

Citizen

**hints**
    >Turn on a grid and turn on snapping to grid for easy straight and symmetrical layouts
    >The bevel and emboss tool is handiest for adding the shading
    >Be sure to use a single global light throughout the image
    >Adding noise, as in the tutorial, is really important for addign realism to the image

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Theme Post:
    get_copy.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Very nice, Citizen_Erased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmm, tough act to follow.
    Anyway, it had to be done...

cillitmp3playerbw0.jpg
    It doesn't NEED any other buttons.

iRod.jpg

A magic bean for whoever guesses where my influence came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

im...LOST wrote: »

A magic bean for whoever guesses where my influence came from.

From this perhaps?

55587495_0057a859db_o.jpg

Magic bean plz.

• Advertisement

Caoltan wrote: »
    From this perhaps?

55587495_0057a859db_o.jpg

Magic bean plz.

Nope, I just meant that it looks very much like an iPod and the whole name almost being the same thing.

So, no magic beans for you I'm afraid. Thank you, come again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I'm afraid this is a really quick job and I didn't follow the tutorial so no prizes for me.:)
    Untitled_1_1.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Challenging theme this!
    round12copyve8.jpg
    I couldn't think of an original design so I went for a device that lets you use your favourite media player skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Tried following that tutorial but since I don't have photoshop I was lost at step 2!

Anywho here's my attempt. Couldn't think of a good name haha..

mp3playerposterpe7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

mp3.jpg

My effort..

• Advertisement

The Voting is going up tonight 12 , last chance to get those entries in people :D

Could we maybe have an alternate challenge running alongside the photoshop challenge? Basically the same idea but with a more digital art rather than design leaning? Room for abstract art and such.. Sort of like the photochallenge board, the themes being more artsy fartsy...
    I love these challenge, but they're all functional tasks, maybe have 2 running simultaneously?

Just a suggestion! what does anyone think? Even monthly, or a one-off trial...

They usually are more photo editting based , I just tried stir things up with this round to see how things go . Whoever wins get 100% creative choice on the theme

Ah I don't mean there's anything wrong with these contests, i mean photoshop is more for photo editing so these contests make more sense! I just mean a different one for digital drawing and such, not that you can't incorporate them into these challenges I guess... I dunno, just a suggestion!

Oh ok sorry I misunderstood where you were coming from, I see now . Well all I can say is watch to see what the subject of the next contest up is , if its a drawing one you should start a photo one parrell to it and vice versa and see how things work along, theres never any harm in trying :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The winner gets to go pretty much anywhere with their theme. Maybe the next one will be more up your street. The advantage is that you get to learn new stuff with other peoples themes/ideas. I found this one quite difficult as it's not something I normally do.

Advertisement