Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 Patch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

yeah its true i just got it

EDIT:

haha theres a killcam for everything now, claymores, grenades, martrdom and airstrikes. and you can view first-person while spectating to see how **** some people really are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Cool, now when are the new maps out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I can't access that site here in work. Can anyone summarise what the patch does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

That site is just the forum for Infinity Ward with other people saying that they were able to download it. The changes are basically summarised by BloodSugarSex above.

Went home and turned on the 360 at lunch, download waiting at the turn-on.

Had only time for 1 game but my God, it's savage.
    EVERY hit seems to be registering, was ploughing along happily with my M16 for once and not emptying clips into people without a kill.

Also, it seems to be running faster now. Or maybe it was the excitement of it all. Oooh my :-)

Warning...Warning!! --> Rumour Mill
    Heard on grapevine that the new maps have also passed certification and may be available within the next 2 weeks.

This indeed sounds good. I love the game so much already but now they are improving it? Amazing. Just a shame I have a work night planned so won't get to test this out til the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

patch also includes host migration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

djkeogh wrote: »
    This indeed sounds good. I love the game so much already but now they are improving it? Amazing. Just a shame I have a work night planned so won't get to test this out til the morning.
    Infinity Ward will surely come out with a list of the enhancements that were in the patch soon.

In the meantime, we can have fun finding them ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

For those that can't get on IW site in work;

New Kill Cams
    We’ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those “WTF!” grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say…… whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203’s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration
    Now you won’t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we’ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy
    Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam
    Now when you’re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you’re watching.

Quick Mute Option
    Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

In addition to these feature additions there will also be:
    • Improved Network Performance For Larger Games
    • 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.
    • Optimized Server Selection for First Match
    • Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.
    • Fixed “Playlist Older Than Host” Error
    • Player will no longer get error when entering games.
    • Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps
    • Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.

Thanks for that Grizzly. I'm happy with all of them. The improving the of the Hosting I think will be the best of the bunch. No longer suffering the frustration of the host leaving the game is a big plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

so no change in SP game?

MiCr0 wrote: »
    so no change in SP game?

There's a SP game!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Some savage additions, can't wait to try it out later on.
    So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

Thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

grizzly wrote: »

Quick Mute Option
    Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

There is a god somewhere.:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oopsie i forgot to update this yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gar1234

up dated mine yesterday and got the red ring of death load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I just gave it a try and am getting appalling lag on my 2meg Eircom connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Mine has been fine updated last night and running fine on 3megabit

No lag here either, also on a 2meg Eircom connection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

COD did get quite laggy last nite and had a few "host ended game" matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fine for me no lag

hitboxes are slightly improved, still sniper problems though, shots not registering

seems that on cod official forums us snipers still feel theres problems,

ands its not bad aiming or moaning :P

some little american nerd has said its something to do with the holding breath option, that the reg is not fast enough etc

but definatly have noticed no improvement when sniping

i havent tried sniping since the patch was released but i always thought the sniping beforehand was one of the least enjoyable experiences in any game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i find it very enjoyable, and not because im a camper !

its just fun, probably got into sniping in day of defeat days, racking up insane scores :)

I enjoy a bit of sniping meself but get bored of it after a while, have the perk that allows you to carry two primary weapons so I switch between sniping and blasting throughout the game.

I'm partial to snipering myself at times but I've not noticed any real difference in the system. I've seen the Host Ended Game error a couple of times but you still always seem to remain in the lobby and don't have to search for a new game.

Some of the new Kill Cams are really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

Are we now able to hold grenades for a few seconds before throwing them or has that been there from the start, I know it was there in COD3.

The RPG kill cam FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are we now able to hold grenades for a few seconds before throwing them or has that been there from the start, I know it was there in COD3.

The RPG kill cam FTW :D

Ye I noticed that too. Thought it was strange it wasn't there from the off.

Great name BTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I Have noticed no change at all i have tried and tried to snipe people, even with irion lungs or steady aim. i have there head lined up and i miss.

yet when im being sniped sometimes the bullet isnt even near me and i die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ye I noticed that too. Thought it was strange it wasn't there from the off.

Great name BTW :D
    cooked grenades has been in from the start newbies

• Advertisement

holding grenades has always been there. It's essential in most cases.

Advertisement